Pony rim pic request..

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
Im starting to like the look of just the classic pony rims,,,,can i see some pics of you guys still wearing the good ol 4 lug pony's or pony r's :rolleyes:....especially would like to see some people lowered with the pony's...i want to drop my car 1-1.5 inches soon and i think im sold on the ponys....
anyways picZ pleaZe,,,,,,,,

• Sponsors (?)

Oh how I miss my '92 :)..... It may not look like much, but just like this it would run low 12s and with ET Streets it went [email protected] mph.:nice: It was a sleeper and almost everyone underrated it.

BTW, this is not the same car that is in my sig. It was an amazing car, though. It was perfect... The cleanest fox-body mustang I have ridden in since they were being produced. I used to make people take their shoes off before they got it, lol. It was like driving something from the showroom floor, except it had AFR165s, a ported Cobra intake, and an Ed Curtis custom cam. The car was exceptional. Unfortunately, it was totaled out in Memphis when a girl made a semi swerve into my lane.

Anyway, it was stock suspensioned in this picture with the exception of 4 cylinder front springs and a disconnected sway bar.

Attachments

• side flash.jpg
    side flash.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 194
rode like crap cuz i only had springs never put a good set of shocks on there before she left im looking to do the 1.5" drop on my 86 but getting shocks this time and another thing with a 2 inch drop on that car every turn i took the FlowMaster mufflers would scrub and throw sparks out the back of the car

yeah im worried that if i lower mine, that my exhaust which already hits the bumps will just be gliding over the ground,...but i do live in orlando so its pretty much all flat except the speed bumps...but i like the stock ponys tucked up under there. beauty out weighs function when it comes to a sweet stance:rolleyes::D

im still waiting for a GT with a good stance on ponies.come on guys :mad: :rlaugh:

Not ponys but I lowered my car with Eibach prokit and driving around in orlando I never had a problem bottoming out. If you have long tubes they may get scratched up though.

View attachment 238401

for some reason every time im like i dont want the ol cobra r's they grow on me......i cant decide...
mob, what areas are usually in, i always notice every fox on the street, im going to keep an eye out for. im in a silver that is so faded it looks primer w/ turbines gt.....

ps. if you sell your wheels or go 5 lug,, please pm cause i want them....dont care about tire either

Well I havent had a drivers license since March 08 so I dont get out much and my car has been sitting since then. What kind of rims do you have now? I'll trade you wheels if you want plus a little cash. Mine arent perfect because they are painted silver but i was working on polishing them. I think 2 need tires also.

Here's a shot from DocG's car that compares Cobras and chrome ponies:
IMG_0226.jpg

and while we're pic whoring I've attached one of a 1.5" drop all the way around with real Cobra R's on my current ride. Oh and 5 lugs are the only way to go... I love the look of a nice clean and open 5 spoke wheel with a big set of brake discs behind them:

56670d1231513915-ideas-mods-mvc-005l.jpg

Attachments

• 10L.JPG
    10L.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 177
Stangnet-1.jpg

I prefer the sleeper look.

I had a lady come up to me on Sunday, while I was out on a date with my wife, excuse herself just so she could tell me what a beautiful Mustang I had; I had the 93 out that day. :flag:

Here's two pics i dug up from my car domain page that i havent used in 4 years haha

Man, makes me realize how much ive molested my car :D

Attachments

• 3rd gear.JPG
    3rd gear.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Old notch.JPG
    Old notch.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 150