porting stock meter?

AROD357

Oct 9, 2003
Moreno Valley
I was wondering if anybody has ported there stock maf meter? I have heard about it being done just wondering if anybody has any links to this or info, I was also considering removing my IMCR's let me know what you guys think.

My current setup:
1997 cobra
100 shot ZEX
4.10 gears
h-pipe
flows
3153517 BFG drags on 17x10.5's
my best time has been a 12.6 @108mph

I am considering porting the sotck meter to spend that cash elsewhere such as long tubes, pulleys, and control arms. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

• Sponsors (?)

IMRC deletes help with top end HP but there's noticable low end power loss...My tune and Long tubes helped get that back along with my custom intake...I wouldn't recomend them for a car without a supercharger or ported intake or heads...

As for the MAF, if that center post wasn't needed Ford probalby wouldn't have put it there...I know a few guys in our local club that have removed the post and smoothed out the rest and their car never ran right again until they got a different MAF...the aftermarket MAF's are designed to work without that...If you look at a Pro-M like I have it has a completely different sample tube than what the stock MAF has...