Possible Goodbye

97svtCobra, I don't know how much you know about repairing an AWD Turbo, but if you do I don't see why not go w/ an STI. I can't believe I'm saying this. I'm such a Mustang freak & feel like I'll never leave it. But I can totally see where you're coming from & given the circumstances understand needing (not wanting) a change. However, if you know nothing about repairing an AWD Turbo then you may wanna reconsider.

• Sponsors (?)

There have been a few posts about The 3000GT VR4 and the Dodge RT/TT. Those cars were nice and ran a production date from 91=99 (91-96 for the stealth). They both actually were manufactured in Nagoya Japan. I had a stealth. The only thing is is you go for one of these cars the best years on them are the 96-98 VR4. That is where they retained all the handeling options such as the spoilers adjusting to the speed to help you stick to the ground.

On the downside, the cars are very heavy and have been known for reacuring problems such as the ABS and the AWD tranny....

Also there is a nice market for parts, but because these cars are no longer in production there really isn't any growth in the market either.

downsouthman1 said:
97svtCobra, I don't know how much you know about repairing an AWD Turbo, but if you do I don't see why not go w/ an STI. I can't believe I'm saying this. I'm such a Mustang freak & feel like I'll never leave it. But I can totally see where you're coming from & given the circumstances understand needing (not wanting) a change. However, if you know nothing about repairing an AWD Turbo then you may wanna reconsider.

Fortunately, they come with a 3 year warranty :) The Drive Train a 5 yr warranty. My mod days are on hold with my latest family addition a 15 month old son. The wife is on a warranty, no performance mod kick.

I expected the large number of responses that I have got here, but the few helpful and suggestive posts made it all worth it .. thanks guys ..

wow. nice gay choice of cars. good way to waste money I guess. why not get a used vet???? I guess I don't understand how you can like both types of cars like that. when I drive a mitsuslowshi or subru I think they suck. then agian I hate anything that is not rear wheel drive.

97SVTCobra said:
Fortunately, they come with a 3 year warranty :) The Drive Train a 5 yr warranty. My mod days are on hold with my latest family addition a 15 month old son. The wife is on a warranty, no performance mod kick.

I expected the large number of responses that I have got here, but the few helpful and suggestive posts made it all worth it .. thanks guys ..

Having 2 mustangs b4 my 2k, I too was looking for a awd car, I wanted a wrx but the sti wasnt here yet and I couldnt find a GSX eclipse, saw my 2k and bought it. GREAT choice in cars, you can beat on the subaru quite a bit and it will hold up. NOT everyone has the same mindset or at least a mindset to be included in this convo.
Go have fun and kill your local hodrodders on the stop light prowl!!!

hognutz said:
wow. nice gay choice of cars. good way to waste money I guess. why not get a used vet???? I guess I don't understand how you can like both types of cars like that. when I drive a mitsuslowshi or subru I think they suck. then agian I hate anything that is not rear wheel drive.

I'm guessing you never drove the STi or the Evo ... then again, your love for rear wheel drive shows your lack of understanding of any performance aspect other than HP. Although the STi does have more HP and torque than your GT (if that is a GT in your avatar - looks like one at least)

Its not rear wheel drive, but it can be 65% rear wheel drive, which allows it to kick sideways like a rwd, but with some control where the rwd has none ..

all in all its been a very fun car, and I have no regrets about the choice. I cant wait for this summer when I can auto-x with it :)

I've owned two Subarus as my second cars and loved them both. Fear not, the Subaru can be had without the wing, you'll just have to order it. Before getting the Taurus, my wife and I test drove a black wingless WRX, but it did have the optional boost gauge on the steering column (everybody at once...oooo ahhhh) we just needed a bit more trunk room, and for what we saved on the difference, we got the 6 disk changer installed and had a bunch of money left over. A Subaru WRX/STi is fun to drive, no doubt, just not in my budget right now.

yellow5.0cobra said:
I wish I had an STI as a daily driver...

GOODLUCK WITH HER!

Just make sure you dont BASH Mustangs... when you get STI/WRX happy.

No worries there, I still love mustangs .. I still have 4 posters in my cube that I'm told I need to remove now that I dont drive a mustang ... guess they'll have to deal with it LOL

Good luck with whatever you do. Sometimes I think I'd be happy with a "better quality" automobile. Then I look at the cost + the lack of hp........then I appreciate my Mustang all over again.

97SVTCobra said:
I'm guessing you never drove the STi or the Evo ... then again, your love for rear wheel drive shows your lack of understanding of any performance aspect other than HP. Although the STi does have more HP and torque than your GT (if that is a GT in your avatar - looks like one at least)

no I am just anti-import. always hated them always will. sound like ****. hate front wheel drive or awd.

my gt is my comuter car it is not supposed to be fast. fast starts at 12sec. so both of the cars you listed are borderline. just too expensive for what you get.

so rear wheel drive is only hp related?

formula 1
indy
nascar
etc, etc

maybe subaru or mistsubishi can show them what they are doing wrong.