Possible Head Gasket, Any Suggestions?

SmokinGT50

Founding Member
Jun 17, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I have just installed an S-trim on a 95 Mustang along with a Fluidyne radiator, the issue I keep having is if I drive it for any extended period of time the coolant keeps overflowing the reservoir.
Also, even if I leave it sit overnight, there is still a lot of pressure on the cap when I try to remove it. I have tried pressure testing the cooling system without the car running and it holds 18-19 PSI on the gauge for 10 minutes. I can't figure where the pressure to force the coolant out of the overflow is coming from, but it isn't leaking back the way it came in. If I start the car and run it for a few minutes, then rev it up a little with the radiator cap off, it will produce a white foam on top of the coolant. There is no obvious white smoke coming from the tailpipes, so I don't think the coolant is getting into the combustion chamber.
I have checked the oil for coolant and it was not milky. Somehow I am getting air into the coolant, but no coolant into the oil, any suggestions? I am afraid it is a head gasket, but wouldn't the system de-pressurize, if there was a breach in the gasket or any gasket for that matter?

• Sponsors (?)