Possible set up for my cobra....

tranzlucent662

Apr 23, 2003
Ok guys, I have 16000 miles on my cobra. I am going to ford to see if i have the tick, I think it is just the normal noise for this car. After the visit, the warranty is going to be shot to hell because it will be time to modify. I have a substantial amount of money, but not enough for the KB and I don't think I want the KB anyway. Here is what I am looking at, and I want you guys to help me out, tell me where to order, and tell me what I am missing.

2.80 upper
Steeda Cold Air
idlers?
Belt?
NX or Zex N2O kit (start small, but 100 shot coming)
Pro 5-0 or Tri-Axe
New Plugs
Tune and Dyno

Without the N2O, can I just have the ECU Flashed? With it, I need a chip I would think for the shots larger than 50? Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated, I have seen so many of you guys with close to 500 hp and I want to be able to outrun anything on the road (within reason) and want this to be fully streetable and capable of "daily driving" in the summer. I would also like to get close to 600 hp on n2o and the torque on a 100 shot should get me close to 650-700 correct? Is the 100 shot too much with a good tune?

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard that you just know when you have the tick. Seems it's easy to hear but you better be safe than sorry. :shrug:

Depending on what's already done to your car, you might see close to 460 rwhp (w/o nitrous obviously) with the mods you listed, assuming you already have a midpipe. If you don't, I highly recommend a VRS or Dr. Gas o/r X. This mod alone gives about 20rwhp on an otherwise stock 03 Cobra. I am no expert though and have no personal experience with these cars. I simply rely on what I've seen and read. The links micool posted do contain lots of information about these cars though.