Possiblity To Change Cars

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by 03_TrueBlue_GT, Mar 26, 2014.

1. 03_TrueBlue_GT

03_TrueBlue_GT Active Member

Hey guys I was talking to my dad about selling my 2003 Mustang and buying his 2005 Mustang GT from him. He told me that if I really wanted to sell my car he would sell me his Mustang for a good price. He said he would sell it to me for $7,000 which I think is a really good deal, even though I dont know what 2005-2009 Mustangs are selling for atm.

Now the question I ask is would you buy the 2005 Mustang or should I keep my 2003 and supercharge it later down the road like I have always planned. If I do supercharge it it will probably be another 2 years at least and this car is my DD currently so I imagine another 25,000-30,000 miles on it by the time I can supercharge it.

I can give you the info on both cars

My car
    2003 Mustang GT Premium 5 speed manual
    The good
    - I have full length subframe connectors
    -New clutch/flywheel replaced at 118,000 miles
    -Has FR500 rims
    -3.73 gears
    - Maximum Motorsport cc plates
    - My exhaust upgrades
    - Have the handheld tuner from AM (needs a dyno tune to get better results than what I have form the mail order tune)
    - Tires are in good shape, may get another year out of them
    - Ive owned it since I got it with 68,000 miles and I know the cars history
    - Also the shocks and struts are fairly new

The bad
    -Car has 121,000 miles on it currently
    -Fuel mileage isn't to great on the highway I get about 20- 21mpg. I believe it could get better but I haven't
    recieved any better results.
    - Rear bumper has been in an accident and is spider webbing but isn't noticeable.
    - Car has random rattles and squeaks
    - I replaced the A/C compressor, dryer, and cleaned the lines and ran a vacuum on it but it still leaks
    - The steering wheel is rather nasty due to age and use

My dads car
    2005 Mustang GT Premium 5 speed manual

He bought it brand new in 2005 so I know this car has been well taken care of.

The good
    -A/C works really well
    -The interior has been redone completely by a custom shop
    - Car feels a lot better to drive and the 3v motor is just more refined feeling in every way
    - Gets 25mpg on the freeway at 75mph easily
    - Tires are brand new 245/45's all around
    - New shocks/Struts all around
    - Has light weight Centerline rims
    - Hurst short throw shifter
    - Upper and lower control arms have been replaced with GT500 ones
    - Ability to change the color of the speedometer is really awesome
    - He installed a Mac mid pipe and Mac catback exhaust recently (sounds really good but not too loud)

The bad
    - The instrument cluster with the Fuel, Engine Temp, Voltage and the other gauge which I forget is do not function correctly. He has the parts to fix it but just hasn't done it yet, I would fix it myself if I got the car
    -The car has 146,000 miles on it right now
    - The front window seal howls and needs to be replaced
    - Being his DD it has some road scars but overall isn't to bad but the paint is not as good shape as my 2003

I will get some pictures of both cars up soon, I just wanted to get a consensus on what y'all suggest. I probably will keep my 2003 because I really love the way it looks Im just tired of everybody hating on it bc its a 2v GT when I hang out at car meets.
  2. 03_TrueBlue_GT

I apologize in advance for the size of the pictures....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His car with the interior redone

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Mattstang04

Mattstang04 Active Member

Man, I don't know. They're both high miles. Yours already has the gears in it. If it were a Bullitt, Cali. Special, or anything Shelby I'd say go for it in a heartbeat. But GT for GT, I prefer the look of New Edge over early S197.

The later cars drive a little easier but the I like the sometimes wild/erratic nature of the older cars. I'd say your car is probably a little quicker already. I vote for staying where you are at, enjoying what you got, maybe get the AC fixed. Save your cash and buy a 5.0 Coyote in a couple of years. That way you get the less mileage, better mpg, cold AC, good looks, better handling/braking and a ton of power. My 2 cents.
  4. Nightfire

Nightfire Mustang Master

I would keep yours. Your car is CLEAN, has lower miles, ad looks hell of lot better. Supercharging down the road and it'll be a COMPLETELY different animal, trust me. At least here in west Texas, the 05+ GT's FAAAAR outnumber new edge GTs. To be honest, Im tired of seeing S197's. Oh and you'll always sound better.
    mransr likes this.
  5. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

As someone who owned more than 1 Mustang at a time, you do lose focus in modding one when you drive another.

If you really want both, go fir it, but i would just stick to one if you want to mod
  6. restomod66

restomod66 Member

Hands down no questions keep the New Edge. I think they look better, and as stated before will always sound better/meaner with a good exhaust system. New Edges are starting to become long in the tooth so I'm always very impressed when I see a clean example of one. If there was one thing I'd do to your New Edge right now it would be to get rid of that 4x4 stance ASAP. I really love the stance H & R SS springs gave my 00', with deep dishes and 315's out back people often tell me my car resembles a Cobra at first glance. Also, I know it's purely subjective but the color on your Dad's 05' just doesn't do it for me, looks like a Cranberry.
  7. 03_TrueBlue_GT

Thanks for all the responses so far, I appreciate the feedback.
    If I were to sell my GT would $7,500 be ok to ask if I get the A/C sorted out?