Post pics of how your foxbody currently sits

I always remember you starting fights in 5oh talk about how inferior the Fox is. Engine, chassis, interior, you name it. Not saying it isn't inferior to any mustang that's newer, i just always remember you constantly bashing.

That said, You have one purdy Fox there. :)
Don't worry....I still think it's inferior to pretty much every Mustang built after it, but it was still a cheap way to have fun and I liked the colour.

Truth be told, if it was feasable for me to yank the 4.6L out of my Cougar and stuff it between the shock towers of this Fox, I would have done it...but it really wasn't.

...and for the record, I didn't start any fights. Some people just get a little oversensitive when presented with the truth. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Here is how my Foxbody currently sits.........and has sat for over one and half years:(. My sons drift car totally dominates the garage now and all I can do is occasionally go out and look at it and hope that this late summer/fall everything will be in place to get it back together and on the road again.
Saleen003.jpg
Saleen002.jpg
Saleen001.jpg

I would tell the drifter that he needs his own garage.

1989 Nissan 240 SX. Has the 2.0 twin cam turbo engine in it now (J2Z or something). Puts down like 350 whp. Car is gutted inside with a full cage. Only weighs 2640 lbs with him in it so it goes pretty good. Rides like :poo: because it sits so low to the ground (cause it looks bad azz that way, he says). The turning radius is crazy, the front wheels will turn just over 65 degrees each way!

1989 Nissan 240 SX. Has the 2.0 twin cam turbo engine in it now (J2Z or something). Puts down like 350 whp. Car is gutted inside with a full cage. Only weighs 2640 lbs with him in it so it goes pretty good. Rides like **** because it sits so low to the ground (cause it looks bad azz that way, he says). The turning radius is crazy, the front wheels will turn just over 65 degrees each way!
2jz's are not to be messed with..those things are phuckin crazy and almost indestructable

Well, I have a grudge match with him at the drags when the Saleen is done. His car may weigh less than mine, but it will never put down the torque to the tires that a Kenne Bell blown 331 will. Plus his chassis is not set up for the drags, but it does go sideways around corners really really well!

1989 Nissan 240 SX. Has the 2.0 twin cam turbo engine in it now (J2Z or something). Puts down like 350 whp. Car is gutted inside with a full cage. Only weighs 2640 lbs with him in it so it goes pretty good. Rides like **** because it sits so low to the ground (cause it looks bad azz that way, he says). The turning radius is crazy, the front wheels will turn just over 65 degrees each way!

If I had to guess it is a RB engine.

If I had to guess it is a RB engine.

And you would be wrong..........in Nissan speak, the RB is a straight 6, in Mopar land it stands for the Raised Block version on the "B" engine. The "B" engine being the 350, 361,383 and 400 while the RB Mopar engines were 383, 412, 426 and 440 engines.
Since the engine in my sons car has only 4 cylinders, is twin cam and came with the Turbo (plus I just verified with him) it is the 2JZ engine, but it does not know how to Rapp:rolleyes:

And you would be wrong..........in Nissan speak, the RB is a straight 6, in Mopar land it stands for the Raised Block version on the "B" engine. The "B" engine being the 350, 361,383 and 400 while the RB Mopar engines were 383, 412, 426 and 440 engines.
Since the engine in my sons car has only 4 cylinders, is twin cam and came with the Turbo (plus I just verified with him) it is the 2JZ engine, but it does not know how to Rapp:rolleyes:

OK I am an idiot.............I miss-understood my son and I don't know squat about drift cars, but the engine in his 240 SX is a SR20...............NOT a 2JZ. Turns out a 2JZ is a Toyota engine and also a inline 6.

OK I am an idiot.............I miss-understood my son and I don't know squat about drift cars, but the engine in his 240 SX is a SR20...............NOT a 2JZ. Turns out a 2JZ is a Toyota engine and also a inline 6.

I saw your reply and thought "something isn't right here, a 2JZ is a turbo inline six Toyota engine, and he's talking about an 4 cylinder Nissan". SR20's can run pretty good, assuming you can get them to run right. All the "badass" SR20's down here seem like they are broken more then they are driven.

I like 240's, course I wouldn't slam one, and I'd probably put an LS1 in it.