powder window tune up

TODD86GT

Founding Member
Sep 28, 1999
Is there anyway to tune up shakey power windows. I've got an 85 GT vert and all four windows shake and rattle when in operation. Are there replacable wear items that I can purchase or is it just a mater of lube and adjustent. My driver side rear just recently seized in the up position. I just taped the motor with a hammer to get it going again. Thanks for the help, Todd

• Sponsors (?)

That is the problem. Mine moved back and forth and never went up in the same position. I changed them and now they move like new.
You will need two for each window. Originally they told me one for each window.

I am about to mine on my 89 GT vert. I was under the impression that the verts had 1 in the door and the others had two. Anyone know if this is true?

Also, anyone know if the vert quarter windows have a different guide bushing than the door window? I ordered a vert door window guide bushing from 50resto and it was rectangular. It wont fit on the quarter guie rod. From what I can tell, the quarter window needs a square bushing. I've since ordered one of the coupe and hatchback bushings just to see if it fits?

yup i need some of those, my right window rocks forward when i roll it up and it seems to put a load on the motor and slows to a stop...i need to replace the driver side motor and get new bushings for both doors...