Power Steering Relocation.

PattyJoe

May 24, 2014
My 1990 5.0 had no smog pump and no AC. It was not running the eliminator pullies either. The previous owner had just eliminated them and ran a shorter belt. He had used the AC eliminator kit from Ford Racing that moves the power steering pump to where the AC compressor was previously located and utilized a shorter belt. I am currently removing all the smog and AC accessories from an 84 gt I just picked up. I was hoping to do the same to this car and move the power steering pump to where the AC compressor was. Every website says the FordRacing kit is for 85-93 5.0L. I am pretty sure if I leave the power steering pump where it currently sits and run a shorter belt there will not be enough clearance over the water pump to the alternator. I really just want to take this stuff off the car. Does anyone know how I can route a smaller belt to achieve removing the AC compressor and smog pump? Has anyone used the Ford AC eliminator kit(Part#: M-8511-A50) on a pre-85 fox, or know why this kit is not compatible?

• Sponsors (?)