Power Steering Whine

Skud

Sep 10, 2003
Saskatchewan
So anyways.. I took my stang into the dealer because my powersteering was making a racket. When it was cold it was quiet, but as it warmed up the noise increased. It was the steady ("rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr") sound..

It got to the point that after a 1/2 hour of driving if you sat in the car and the engine was idling you could hear the power steering over the engine. When you turned the wheel, the noise would get louder. It sounded like the pump was low on fluid, but there was plenty in there.

So, I took it to the dealer and they had it for a day. When I got it back their response was "We can neither confirm nor deny there is a problem". So, I wasn't very happy with that and I told them it isn't normal. They said they "checked" THREE NEW stangs on the lot and they all did the same thing. So I called :bs: and told them to fix it. So, they had to order a pump.

Ok, so Tuesday I get my car back and it sounds good. It does whine very slightly at idle and when turning (which is normal), but it's nowhere near as loud as before. :banana:

Yesterday, I take a short drive and when I get back home. I pull into my parking spot and what do I hear "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr". It's coming back again :notnice: . It still not near as loud as it was before, but it's definitely coming back..

I wonder if they even replaced the pump? Or maybe just flushed the pump out or something? Anyways, I've got a long trip this weekend, so I'll see if it gets any worse. If it does, I'm gonna be mighty pissed off..

Riley

• Sponsors (?)