Power window problem.

My window motor works fine rolls up and down good, but sticks bout three inches from the top when rolling up. It seems to be falling in the front while the back keeps going. I took the door panel off and couldn't really see nothin wrong. If I pull up on the front a little it works fine. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Ive been having similar problems with my rear driver side window coming up on my 'vert. I have to help it along with my hand after its rolled up all the way, otherwise it leaves a tiny gap (only visible because of the dark tint). Bugs the crap out of me though.

DeadLifter said:
Looks like the front part that slides along the bottom of the window is gettin a little off track. Where can I get the parts to replace this? Do I need a whole new assembly?

I'd like to know as well. Mine aren't as bad as yours yet, the front is about 1/8th inch lower than the back. This means I can't shut the door with the window up, I have to roll the window down a bit, shut the door, then roll the window back up.

svttech76 said:
pull off the door panel and when you put the window up you will see the problem..

either one of the rivets that holds the window to the regulator broke off or the regulator itself broke.
I'll take this bet. ^
The regulator guide can be bent as well. In time, the stress of the glass can cause this or dummies that use the glass to close the door can be a huge contributor to this as well.

Ford window regulators are JUNK. I don't know why, either. I'm not joking when I say I've had 5 new ones put in my 2004. Lame...

I ripped the motor and scissor assembly out and everything was was fine, couldn't figure it out, then I crammed my head in the door and seen the front bracket that the window slides up and down on was off track and the plastic slider was broken off. Looks like a pain to get too, put it's probably cheaper than replacin the scissor assembly. Guess I'll stop at the ford dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.