powersteeromg

stamper5.0

Jul 30, 2008
hey guys im new to this site. i had a question and if u guys can help at all thats great. i have the a/c delete that puts the powersteering up top. well i want to delete the powersteering pump. does anyone kno what size belt? and do u have a pic of kno how it would re-route the belt? thanks guys jeff

• Sponsors (?)

Well, you can't just delete the PS pump. There needs to be a pulley there or the tensioner needs to be reversed.

You can either reverse the tensioner to pull up, or run a standard rotation WP like this

View attachment 309219

ok so ur saying that the stock water pumpi have i can set it up like that picture?. b.c i just bought the smog eliminator pulley but didnt put it on. if thats possible w.o changing the water pump that would save me a lil bit of money

Well, that's not a stock water pump. You also don't need a smog elim pulley. Route the belt like in that picture, but have it run the opposite way around the water pump because your stock WP is a reverse rotation. Search on modifying the tensioner to pull the belt up. Imagine the tensioner going up in the picture and the belt coming around the WP pulley the other way and you'll see how it needs to be routed