PP manifold doesn't line up?

ttopstang

Sep 6, 2007
Birmingham, AL
I have a Proffessional Products lower manifold on my 351w and when I was installing it, about 3 or 4 bolts didn't line up/tighten. When I go to torque them, they get tight, then just spin. It felt like the some of the bolts aren't long enough, so I went and bought some ss ARP intake bolts, and still the same thing.

Has anybody else experienced this? I went and got some studs, so I guess we'll see what happens? Just want some thoughts before I take it off and put studs in.

• Sponsors (?)

You didnt get a manifold for a 302 did you? Hopefully the threads arent stripped in the head. Have you tried to tighten the bolts without the manifold on?

I bought the manifold off Ebay (brand new). The only reason I went with Prof. Prod. was a buddy of mine gave me an upper for free so I just bought the 351 lower. If it was for a 302, wouldn't none of the bolts work?

Go to your local hardware store and get bolts like the ones you have (size and thread count) but 1/2 inch to inch longer. Get all 8 and use them to test. Thread them all in before you tighten any. If they work you just need to get that size in a hardened bolt. I had the same issue with a different intake.