Price of gears installed......$700

Sounds about right.

My gears were $100 slightly used.
T-lok rebuild kit: $50
Gear install kit with master bearing kit: $90
Speedcal used: $30
Labor with the only expert allowed to touch my car: $350

I'm saving up for the labor part right now.

• Sponsors (?)

SR 97 GT said:
Paid $375 for parts and installation which included recalibrating the speedo and fluids.
thats a great price
i found a place in MA for $450, labor, gears, oil but I don't think that includes shims/bearings/recal

and I was quoted $200 from another place, just for labor though.

Well i went to this shop down the road called crazy ed's, these guys do alot of jeep and corvette gears, but they said they do mustangs too. He said he could get me gears for about 2 to 300 bucks, good ford racing gears. He said most of your aftermarket gears you buy might have a whistleing sound and they may be made cheap. I don't know hoe true this is and think he's trying to rip me off. I told him if i buy some gears and bring them to him, he could put them in for about 200 bucks. I went to a sight called mustangtuning and am looking at the gears there, Don't know how good these gears are but i think ford makes them.

pjdellenger80 said:
Well i went to this shop down the road called crazy ed's, these guys do alot of jeep and corvette gears, but they said they do mustangs too. He said he could get me gears for about 2 to 300 bucks, good ford racing gears. He said most of your aftermarket gears you buy might have a whistleing sound and they may be made cheap. I don't know hoe true this is and think he's trying to rip me off. I told him if i buy some gears and bring them to him, he could put them in for about 200 bucks. I went to a sight called mustangtuning and am looking at the gears there, Don't know how good these gears are but i think ford makes them.

FRPP gears? Yeah, that's Ford. Whistling gears is a result of a bad install. If the guy will do the labor for $200, go for it.

I found a guy here in town the Mark Ray sent me too that would do the install for $240....and i buy the gears and gear oil.I also have to install my own speedcal.......................But thats still better then the price i got the first time.I have my money saved now and i just need to order my gear from mustangtuning.com.But i'm still kinda nervous.I would be mad if i spent close to $600 and i wasn't what i expected with the 4:10 gear.