Procharger for the '05 GT!

crash

Founding Member
Aug 12, 1999
Dallas, Tulsa
Best bang for the buck... And the best warranty. All with a guarantee the power will be there. They state a 5 MPH higher trap speed over any other blower!

http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang.shtml

My decision is made... 525+ at the wheels? 11 second bolt on? Hell ya!

The closest kit is the Whipple (Not released yet), and their graph stated 462... Then there is the Vortech. They posted 110 RWHP gains, and maybe 40 more if you spend another grand on the intercooler... BUT the E/T only dropped by .5 second! :rolleyes:

Oh, the whine of a Procharger is just wicked. You can hear it on my truck here...

www.trixtersracing.com/project02.htm

• Sponsors (?)

crash said:
Best bang for the buck... And the best warranty. All with a guarantee the power will be there. They state a 5 MPH higher trap speed over any other blower!

http://www.procharger.com/2005_mustang.shtml

My decision is made... 525+ at the wheels? 11 second bolt on? Hell ya!

The closest kit is the Whipple (Not released yet), and their graph stated 462... Then there is the Vortech. They posted 110 RWHP gains, and maybe 40 more if you spend another grand on the intercooler... BUT the E/T only dropped by .5 second! :rolleyes:

Oh, the whine of a Procharger is just wicked. You can hear it on my truck here...

www.trixtersracing.com/project02.htm

525 whp. Is this on stock internals?
WOW, I hope they do some durability tests.

which blower comes with the vortech kit? the s-trim is a smaller blower than the pc, paxton generally makes the most power but u pay for it, im curious if paxton has a kit released for the '05 yet
Edit: paxton has released a kit but it uses the 1200 instead of the 2000, why they are using one of their smaller sc's i have no clue

crash.. your back.. damn time... we need places to get procharger discounts!!.. also I have only 1K miles.. should I wait a little before I slap on the SC? and are you sure its a simple install? I want oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I can go to people and tell them I only got one mod =-)

spikeGT_99 said:
which blower comes with the vortech kit? the s-trim is a smaller blower than the pc, paxton generally makes the most power but u pay for it, im curious if paxton has a kit released for the '05 yet
Edit: paxton has released a kit but it uses the 1200 instead of the 2000, why they are using one of their smaller sc's i have no clue

Vortech uses the V2-SQ S/C... I like it cause its quiet if your going for the sleeper type ride.

I read in a mag where they tested the 05 GT with the vortec S/C W/O the intercooler and when it was stock (looked to have better tires and rims) the car ran like 13.5 @ 102.X, then they ran it with the S/C and got a best of 13.0 @ 108.X Not too shabby, so with traction it may go mid-low 12s at around 108. Guess the 99-04 S/Cd stangs with the non intercooled vortec (MPH kit) will stay dead even with the adverage S/Cd 05...not sure why, head flow has inproved quite a bit on the 3V vs the 2V, and dyno results show darn near 100HP increases but the ET and trap stay the same as the 2vs.Could be the aerodynamic part of the game coming into play, who knows.

Any stock looking car that does 11s IS a sleeper.

Ya, sleepers and the type that wants to tap the oil pan and run without an intercooler. Just try to return that unit to stock if you need service.

Looking at their project car now... Latest Motor Trend... They claim Stock: 300/320 and Vortech blown 410/417. Oh, you can add an intercooler for another grand, and gain another 40 HP. Ya, looks like they got numbers at the crank. So what does that amount to at the wheels? 13.0... A .5 second drop in E/T?!?

Pauls HP ran 12.50s with CAI, underdrive pulleys, and rear diff mods (No wheel hop and correct pinion angle), NO BLOWER.

Those numbers are at the crank. I will have real RWHP numbers on the Procharger as soon as it starts shipping, but I have proven time and again, the gains they post are at the WHEELS and duplicatable.

I say NO THANKS to Vortech!

Hey CRASH yell me more about this air to air intercooler on PROCHARGERS S/Cer. I read the info on their site , the super charger with its own oil supply makes sense as far as keeping charged air cooler. I'm just wondering how much of a temp drop you really get with just an air to air cooler, logicly I wouldnt think you would see much of a differrence in temp between the air intake and the air blowing across the cooler, but I may be wrong.

spikeGT,

in their latest AD, paxton says their std. blower for the '05 is the NOVI 1200. AND, they have a high-output configuration, which features the new NOVI 2200 supercharger with front mounted air/air charge cooler. up to 50% more HP claimed. paxton's web site does not make reference to whether their after cooler is a 2 or 3 core unit.

thx for the heads up crash. in ATI's engine bay photos, i see they provided for a completely cold air intake. yippee.

runfox, ATI claims about a 100 deg F drop in air temp w/ their 3 core after cooler. i believe their spec sheets say only 29 deg F above ambient air temp. online, you can request their '05 info package.

to me, ATI looks like the cleanest setup of the diff. blower manufacturers. ATI is looking pretty sweet to me right about now.

Runfox said:
Hey CRASH yell me more about this air to air intercooler on PROCHARGERS S/Cer. I read the info on their site , the super charger with its own oil supply makes sense as far as keeping charged air cooler. I'm just wondering how much of a temp drop you really get with just an air to air cooler, logicly I wouldnt think you would see much of a differrence in temp between the air intake and the air blowing across the cooler, but I may be wrong.

I can't say specifically on an 05 Mustang as I'm in the market to get one but I do have experience with Pro Chargers.

As you compress the air it will get hotter and the intercooler will cool it back down, the faster you go the faster the blower is spinning but on a relative term the air is increasing through the intercooler and keeping the temps in line.

I've run the P600B and D-1 on my 94 Z/28, with the P600B on 8#'s of boost, the intake temp would be 20 above ambient at the start of the 1/4 and it would increase another 20 degrees while going through the lights. This was on a basically stock 94 Z/28 (just headers, catback drag radials and t/c) and it ran a best of 11.81 @ 116.5 (w/ 1.76 sixty ft) and made 405 / 418 at the wheels. I was running a 3 core intercooler.

Since I've put the D-1 on and increased boost to 19#'s I'm at the effeciency limits of the blower, it still starts about 20 degrees above ambient but I'm seeing 160+ intake temp going through the lights at 135+ (10 flats).

If you are interested in a Pro Charger I recommend dealing with Lonnie Pavtis ( www.lonniesperformance.com ) he gives excellent prices and tech support that is second to none.

Marc

With the 3-core, we see charge temps within 2 degrees over ambient, even on the dyno with little airflow across it. In most cases, we never see it about 91 degrees. Bear in mind the P and D series are more efficient than the P600b.

For example, on an 80 degree night, air entered my air filter at 115, and under full boost the charge air hit the throttle body at 85-91 degrees. Air to Air units work so well because they only have to exchange heat once.

WIthout and intercooler, charge temps are 165-180 (Pretty much standard for street centrifugals). Take the IC away, and you just lost 65/80 HP (A 10 degree drop in charge temp roughly equates to 10 HP).

I have the procharger on my car. I helped with the design of the brackets. The magazine article should be out next month. With a conservative tune it made 445 to the wheels. I have flogged it pretty good and so far no issues. I don't expect any at that power level. It's a mid 11 second combo and takes about 5 hrs to install. The Vortech and Paxton however require you to tap the oil pan, and chisel the coolant passage out of the upper intake thus adding quite a bit to the install. Also it uses the 6 rib belt to drive the blower where as the procharger get's a separate 8rib drive. Not to mention it makes more at the tires than theirs does at the flywheel. Hands down the procharger is the kit to get. In a couple hours the car can be returned to stock with NO leftover effects. If you guys have any questions at all about the kit, email me at [email protected] or post here... I'd be glad to provide the info.

Mike

Hey mike.. thanks for the info.. I'm looking at procharger too. I have a few questions..

1) have your ran the 1/4 yet
2) so I can buy the kit and slap it on with zero tunning.?
3) do you know of a place to get a good deal from?

thanks,
-ted

lostsoul said:
Hey mike.. thanks for the info.. I'm looking at procharger too. I have a few questions..

1) have your ran the 1/4 yet
2) so I can buy the kit and slap it on with zero tunning.?
3) do you know of a place to get a good deal from?

thanks,
-ted

I believe the tuning is included in the kit as a ECM Flash Unit (pred or SCT)
and injectors are included.

Personally If your spending that much on a setup go have it dynoed and have the AFR double checked before you start beating on it.

If you have no access to a dyno go spend an extra $400 and get a good wideband AFR meter. Might as well get a fuel pressure and boost guage while your at it. That way you can monitor the few criticals.

Lessoned learned
I had a friend of mine that put a fully drop in tuned Vortec kit on his car and the company he dealt with most likely sent him the wrong size pully. He was at about 12-13 psi (kit was setup to be 9psi max and most boost was at 6psi) at 6500 rpm when his engine detonated (stock internals) and pushed a rod through his oil pan at 120mph. Pooof lots of smoke.

My question is will this kit come with a HO fuel pump or in-line pump.

thanks for the info.. I can get a tune.. I heard that the procharger will start giving boost at 4500rpm?? is that true.. if so would KB be a better choice? I like the idea of being able to install the procharge without doing the oil pan thing.. but if it take procharger that long to whine out.. then... I dont know.. 4500-6500 goes by too quick

Here here! I love it! Thanks for the info!

FYI- The Predator comes with it, and injectors as well.

Jim Somers drove their 05 into the 11s with the same code, so I am all over them for information. I will have the FULL scoop in the new product brochures ASAP.

This one is DEFINITELY worth waiting for! I can assure you!

The latest tune verifies 525 HP! It will be conservative, however you may want to verify the A/F curve after the install to be certain.