Proiritizing my mods question.

kramer03gt

Apr 4, 2005
madison, WI
so i have a question for you guys.. as im sure some of you have seen i have a crap ton of modding i want to do to my gt.. as we all do.. but i was wanting your opoions on how you would go about it. and i know its going to be a process.. but i guess im having trouble deciding on the blower aspect of things.. and man its like 6 grand being after buying the kit and having it installed and thats a hell of a lot of money.. but this is what i was thinking without the blower...

1. VT forged gt sportsmans SB with stage 2 heads and NA cams
2. 4:10's
3. Road and track box from MM
4. 18 saleen wheeles 265 front 295 rear.. BFG KDW's
5. fluidyne raditor
6. SLP long tube headers with Xpipe w/cats
7. Lantech beefed up tranny
8. Dyno tuned and ect.
ha i never knew the decision could be so hard.. haha i mean the car is a daily driver so i guess haveing the blower would be sorta pointless being that i would never really get to use it, being there isnt a track around here and street racing sucks, and it doesnt prove anything and its just dangerous anyway.. i mean yes i would like to have the power of the cobras, TA's, Camaro SS, and vettes but at 6 grand im finding the justification to be worthty..

SO I guess flutter you thoughts in guys and let me know what you think of the setup that i have narrowed it down to, and opions in general.

Thanks guys

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

Get a mid-pipe before anything....sounds like a good plan to me....im the same boat as you area wise so im more worried about making mine a nice 12 second car on motor and not spending all my money just to beat someone else.

if you think your gonna get all that done for 6000 then I have news for ya!!!. youll run into more little **** thats gonna eat at your bank account than you can even imagine. If I didnt have a great mechanic who worked alot of stuff out for me without sucking my wallet dry I might still be waiting on my car.

All of that above will run you $6,000+. Why not just drop $3,800 into a blower and call it a day and mod at your convenience? I wish I took this route...oh well. I did it ass backwards. I spent $6,500 on my car last year and no power aside from the 3.73s and K&N. I'm getting blown as soon as I save up my last $1,000 (Last weekend of May). Rock on! Good luck with your choices but do your research!

Normal first mods are: gears, springs, shocks/struts, mid-pipe, catback, plenum/tb, then it gets expensive at that point.

01Steeda said:
if you think your gonna get all that done for 6000 then I have news for ya!!!. youll run into more little **** thats gonna eat at your bank account than you can even imagine. If I didnt have a great mechanic who worked alot of stuff out for me without sucking my wallet dry I might still be waiting on my car.
:stupid: this guy knows his chit

you're gonna do all that and run into sooo many little screw ups and problems and end up spending WAY more than you planned... PLUS your daily driver will end up spending a ton of time in the shop or taken apart in your driveway. lol

i'd say start smaller with gears, midpipe and maybe headers...then just go from there. OR just get the F'n blower and have far less problems than that huge list of mods and probably spend the same or even less.

actually i ment the 6g's for the blower, i was planning on taking it to MPH and buying the KB 1.7 14psi kit and having them install it.. I guess what kinds of issues are you guys thinking if i were to do everything but the blower if i were to take it to someplace like VT or MPH and have them do the work were i know it will get done and tuned right.. you still think that would cause alot of problems?? i would do it myself i am pretty car savvy.. but working two jobs and whatnot doestn leave me alot of time to rip apart a motor and stuff.. so i know labor rates would be huge, but i think the benefits of haveing a well tuned stronger car would sorta outweight it i guess.. ????

And i also have my Trans Am running as well so i guess its not as much as a daily driver anymore.. but even so.. and ill actually have a winter car this year, so its not going to get pounded on as much as in the past few years.. which i guess is a bonus when decieding what to do and not to do..

And i guess to help off set the cost a little anyway i was going to try and sell some of the parts off my car such as rims, motor if i deciede to go that far etc, Hood and wing being im also looking at the saleen extreme hood and the s281 3 peice wing.. and thats the thing ive asked alot of questions on here as far as what companies to go with, why do certian mods etc.. now its just a matter of deciding if everything i want to do is going to be practical or not.. if that makes sense..