*** Project Go Fast Coupe ***

stanged6172

Feb 17, 2006
Ok.... So this is my first post and I'm going to attempt to bring you along for the ride, hopefully you can give me usefull input along the way.
I'll first tell you a little about myself.....
I, like most of you in here, have always loved mustangs growing up and always have had my fair share of excitement with them.
I have recently finished my time in the Marine Corps and now am a full time student that has been buying parts and doing what I need to do to get this going.
The car spoken of is a 1990 Ford Mustang coupe roller that I picked up for a reasonable price of $1500.
Originally born as a four banger the car is now equipped with a complete tubulark member with caster camber plates from upr with lakewood 90/10s, subframe connectors, aluminum driveshaft, welds w/ new tires..... 8.8 with 3.73 and upper and lower control arms from upr as well......

• Sponsors (?)

Short Block

I purchashed the short block from a guy off of Craigslist for $600 which was a steal

302 block puunched out with new bearings and freeze plugs installed.
Scat Cast Crank
Scat H beam rods
Probe forged flat tops
Scat rod bolts
Probe main girdle w/ ARP Studs and hardware
I even managed to get the guys stand out of the deal.

It had been sitting so naturaly It needed to be taken apart and prepped before assembly.

Power Adder

I purchased an ATI D1sc Procharger from a guy off of another mustang site

Complete kit with 12 rib pulley upgrade as well as sheetmetal three core race intercooler with SCT mass air and 42lb fuel injectors for $4000

The Car

001_1.jpg

Motor Assembly

So I decided to go down to Miami, Florida to enlist the help of my older brother to assemble the motor. He owns a shop called Miller Falls Automotive in the Falls if you need any assistance.

025_25.jpg

026_26.jpg