pulling back on clutch pedal for adjustment

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
Supposedly pulling back on the clutch pedal all the way until it clicks self adjusts the clutch engagement. Ive tried this a ton of times and pulling back on my clutch pedal does nothing. When my clutch pedal is in its resting position, thats as high as it goes. It doesnt pull out any farther or make any clicks at all. Anybody tried this with any success? Wondering if something is wrong with mine.

• Sponsors (?)

Mine would never click either. I had to get under the dash and do the following.
1. Push the pedal in and hold it.
2. With the pedal in the plastic adjuster is in too. Use your other hand to hold it in place.
3. With the adjuster held in, let the pedal out. When you hear the number of clicks you want, let go of the adjuster. I had to get 5 clicks before mine felt right.

Have you considered that all of the slack had already been removed? Therefore, when you released the adjuster it simply returned to the same location.

Remember the adjuster is to take up slack as the clutch wears. If it hasn't worn enough to move to the next tooth, it will simply return to its original location.

Have you considered that all of the slack had already been removed? Therefore, when you released the adjuster it simply returned to the same location.

Remember the adjuster is to take up slack as the clutch wears. If it hasn't worn enough to move to the next tooth, it will simply return to its original location.

i was hoping this adjusting would help my new clutch/tranny problem. For some reason all of a sudden i get a thud and feel the tranny bang into each gear when shifting. Its also takes some more muscle to force the shifter into each gear, but its not grinding gears yet.