purchasing 93 cobra. Help

9250stang

Founding Member
Jul 15, 2002
Kentucky
Hey guys. I just sold my '92 GT that I had put a lot of money into. I am now in the market for a '93 cobra. I am looking to spend up to 13k. I have some cash on me, but not as much as you need to purchase one of these cars.

How would I go about getting a auto loan for one of these beautiful machines when they are priced more than "book value"??? Are there special companies out there that finance like classic cars? Or cars that your going to pay more for than "book value" Help me out with some options fellas.

Thanks.

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

Yes

Check out www.lendingtree.com. You can apply online and they will give you an offer withing 24 hours. The LOWEST amount you can borrow on an auto thru them is $7500, they are very good about going over bluebook (depending on your credit) They will then send you a bank check that you can write to a private party seller and make your purchase. If you end up not using it, THERE IS NO OBLIGATION, just tear it up, it also expires in 45 days I think. I had one for my Cobra, but ended up buying it from a dealer, so I just tore it up the lendingtree check.
By the way if you are gonna spend $13,000 you should get a 99 Cobra. You can find them on carsoup and autotrader for around $15,000. I've seen a few at $13.5-$14 too with more miles. I probably paid alittle much for mine at $16,000 but with only 35,000 miles, I didnt feel too bad.

Cool. Thanks for the reply. My cousin and one of my good friends both have '93 cobras. They have black and red ones and I am looking into purchasing a teal one to complete the set. It's just something we have all wanted to do for a long time.

Again, Thanks for the help.

9250stang said:
Cool. Thanks for the reply. My cousin and one of my good friends both have '93 cobras. They have black and red ones and I am looking into purchasing a teal one to complete the set. It's just something we have all wanted to do for a long time.

i think there is a couple on www.svtperformance.com. check the market forum and the foxbody cobra forum. 13k plus a loan is plenty. loan amount equals mileage of car, but i got about $6000 or so for my loan with 120k on the cobra

9250stang said:

That would be awesome man, you need to get some pictures once you get it of all three.

Good luck with the purchase!

Once my 97 COBRA is paid off, I would love to get a black 93. That car has always been my second favorite (after the 97) but around MASS they are in in $15-16,000 range for good, low-mileage examples.