Pushrod motor in a 2000

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 1989pk, Feb 18, 2007.

1. 1989pk

1989pk New Member

I've been looking for a fox roller for awhile, but came across a 2000 v6 for dirt cheap. What does it take to convert this to a carb. winsor car. I am assuming new 8.8. What about k-member and stuff like that. I have a Tremec TKO 600.
    Thanks Paul
  2. spiff

spiff Member

hmm... I think the k member is different, and you would have to get a diff out of the a sn95 car as well to have the right width. Its not impossible though, but I would have to look around more to see how to go about it.

Keep us updated
  3. Mr. Rustypwnz

Mr. Rustypwnz Advanced Member

me and a friend are converting his 00 gt to a 331 nitrous, fire breather, it deff can be done, we are still gettin all the parts together for the convert.
  4. 795.0pacecar

795.0pacecar lover of pudgy polygamists

Look into the legality of a swap like this regarding emissions and inspection.
  5. Mr. Rustypwnz

Mr. Rustypwnz Advanced Member

what emissions? :D do they have that in iowa?
  6. Darkwriter77

Darkwriter77 Resident Ranting Negative Nancy

In states with emissions inspections, and even some without 'em, the law states you can only put a newer motor into an older car, and ONLY as long as you also transfer all of the OEM-spec smog equipment along with it. I'm pretty sure that even a half-wit inspection mechanic is going to know something is up when he sees anything newer than a 1989-model-year vehicle with a carbuerated ANYTHING under the hood. But in Iowa ... who knows. I dunno if they even have safety inspections up there. I know Kansas doesn't have diddly-squat, aside from a brief look-over if you bring a car in from out of state, just to make sure it isn't stolen or something, but it's otherwise a free-for-all there; Missouri, on the other hand, is apparently starting to get so anal that they're on the verge of imposing full-on smog sniffer inspections and crap there, so you might look at the long-term prospects of doing a swap like that in Iowa. (Good things never last forever.)