Pypes Mid Muffler Install Review...

PoopDawg

Autozone Junkie
Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Orlando, FL
...And everyone was right. What a PITA system to install. Get the tips lined up, and the mufflers hit the gas tank...or the over-the-axle pipes hit the panhard bar brace... Stop it from hitting anywhere and the tips are way off! I've installed many cat back and exhaust systems... Hell I do it for a living.... and this was, by far, the worst and most troublesome install I have ever had. I ended up having to cut three of the four hangers and move the muffler delete pipes to get the tips straight and reweld one of the hangers and install two different ones on the drivers side. I can't see how any of you on your backs, in your driveway, could install this system. It took me three hours with a saw-zaw, cutting torch, welder, lift, and air tools to do this thing! I would never install one of these again!

Then the good side... With the pypes offroad x pipe... WOW does it sound freaking AWESOME. lol Worth it being a PITA to install? For me with all the tools necessary... sure. But I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking to install it in their driveway! And damn, it's LOUD. The wife came back after test driving it and was all smiles... She loves the sound. I'll try to get some vids up soon...

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

i had the m80's welded in before the rear axle. i already had MBRP axle back muffler deletes, BBK LT's and o/r x pipe. i've heard the pypes fitment isnt that great, but i didnt experience it bc i just had the mufflers welded in. it does sound amazing, deep, throaty and loud at WOT, cruising is pretty tame sounding. heres a few vids, dont mean to threadjack.

cold start
mustang gt pypes mid mufflers cold start- Video

in car
YouTube - mustang gt exhaust take 9

drive by
Stangzilla does a driveby- Video

I did the same thing.... I had already had the SLP deletes in the rear and got the pypes O/R x and bought just the m80's from jegs and welding them in ...WOW nice and loud..... Im thinking of getting some of there cats and throwing them in the xpipe just to tame the sound a "little" damn California NOISE A'holes !