Pypes off road x pipe fitment...

Liberto

Feb 17, 2007
Ok so me and my friend put this x pipe on today off road no cats from pypes... everything went on great but the drivers side piece... it hits the tranny crossmember... did anyone have this problem? i bought it off a guy i worked with he said it came off his 98 GT but his was an automatic... i looked on pypes website and theres only one that offer for all 96-98... anyone else have this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah ya see mine on the drivers side ( the piece that comes off ) seems to be coming out a little wider and it hits the left side ( if you were sitting in the car it would be on the left ) of the transmission crossmember maybe this one is for a 99+ cuz the crossmembers or chasis itself might be a little wider? or maybe somehow i put it on wrong? any suggestions

do you need 02 extensions for the off-road xpipe for a 98 gt? no-one says anywhere except brothers performance, and they say that you need them. any answers???

For the sake of stopping a thread jacking in process lol... no i didnt need any i actually had to zip tie mine because the wires were hanging lower than the rest of the car... and thats without the mil eliminators... by the way it took a week for the check ngine light to come on from no mil elim's... just a quick side note

ADD: ohh and this pipe came off a 98 mustang convertable with an automatic, the clearances are very tight on the drivers side tranny crossmember and the passanger side between the motor and thesubframe... i'm just gonna trash this one and get a bassani catted x pipe