Quad shock question

• Sponsors (?)

:nonono: It is the point where the rear upper and lower control arms bolt to the body. They are famous for cracking or breaking spot welds. You can sometimes see the damage under the car and sometimes you have to pull the rear seat and remove the sound deadener from the floor to see the cracks or broken welds in the floor.

Look at the torque boxes like others said, check all the nuts and bolts down there to make sure they are tight. I had a upper control arm bolt that was loose once and made the car squat to one side everytime I hit the gas, but it was VERY noticeable that something was wrong. But just removing the quadshocks shouldnt make you feel it that bad. I'd recommend control arms (or new bushings), upper and lower, subframe connectors, and put the quadshocks back on if you can, and maybe new rear shocks if they are factory? Maybe you've got one that's blown.

What can I do about the rear end shift every time I hit the gas? There is no quad shocks. Is there something beside quads that I can do to stiffin up the rear, I have not done anything to the rear yet. Thanks

What do you mean by SHIFT????:eek: Is it wheel hop or is something more troublesome going on? They gave you answers for both issues.
If it actually shifts back and forth or side to side, you have bad bushings or a torque box problem and it is not safe to drive until fixed!
Wheel hop will just eventually tear stuff up. Keep your foot under control for now and the car will be fine until upgraded.

Unless you have a legit reason for not running quad shocks, put them back on.

Quality LCA's and UCA's don't always solve the problem. I had plenty of wheel hope with Max Motorsports LCA's and Steeda UCA's that i was only able to get rid of by putting the quad shocks back on.

As has been said, it's either worn out control arm bushings (which can be remedied by installing quality aftermarket control arms) or your torque boxes are pulling apart.

Here's a good photo of the upper & lower torque boxes:

weldingupthetorqueboxesmd7.jpg

Attachments

• weldingupthetorqueboxesmd7.jpg
    weldingupthetorqueboxesmd7.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 1,319