Question about A/F Gauges

• Sponsors (?)

mcmmotorsports said:
If they are so inaccurate and everyone says they are a waste of money, then how come companies still make them?

They make them because peaple buy them thinking they are getting something.

The real ones like said before are 350+.

I run a innovate motorsports xd1/lc1 combo.Its within a few ticks of the wideband on the dyno..

Guages like the autometer one is nothing but a light show.BUT the cool thing is with the setup like innovate has .If you already have a autometer gauge ,they have the stuff to turn it into a REAL A/f gauge.

white99gt said:
BUT the cool thing is with the setup like innovate has .If you already have a autometer gauge ,they have the stuff to turn it into a REAL A/f gauge.
So if I buy an Autometer Ultralite A/F gauge, later on I can add the Innovate stuff to it and have it function as a Wideband?

Use a R-C to make a low pass filter (with around 1/2 sec bandwidth) and it will work fine and stop going up and down all the time. All you need is an average reading of rich/lean... these 2 $0.20 parts from radio shack will get you the same results as a $300 wide band gauge :)

No they don't, you need real numbers for actual tuning info. Rich-Stoich-Lean doesn't tell you anything useful. For instance, explain what "Rich" is telling you, and what exactly is Autometer's standard for "Rich". You also need to record A/F data for tuning, and an Autometer gauge does not do so.

00s281sc368 said:
Use a R-C to make a low pass filter (with around 1/2 sec bandwidth) and it will work fine and stop going up and down all the time. All you need is an average reading of rich/lean... these 2 $0.20 parts from radio shack will get you the same results as a $300 wide band gauge :)

No it will not give the same results as a wideband:nonono: . Filtering the signal does nothing to widen the range of the sensor.