Question about EGR spacer

mustangramair

Feb 24, 2004
Iowa
Hey guys, i just put on an explorer intake and took off my stock one. Now that i have done that the coolant line that hook up to the egr spacer has no place to go. The one that goes to the front of the egr will still run coolant through, but where it is suppossed to exit out the back there is not a place to run that hose to. Did that hose go to the stock lower intake? Is it necessary to run coolant through the egr? Thanks, Nick

• Sponsors (?)

mustangramair said:
Hey guys, i just put on an explorer intake and took off my stock one. Now that i have done that the coolant line that hook up to the egr spacer has no place to go. The one that goes to the front of the egr will still run coolant through, but where it is suppossed to exit out the back there is not a place to run that hose to. Did that hose go to the stock lower intake? Is it necessary to run coolant through the egr? Thanks, Nick
I am not too familiar with the Explorer intake but if is like the Cobra then the line in the front of the intake is a vacuum line not a coolant line.
Be careful not to suck coolant into your engine.

Most of the installs of Cobra/Explorer intakes that maintained their egr valves, capped the rear line since there was no port, and also capped the front line. Should the front vacuum be connected if the rear is capped?

I know that it is coolant, i did an H/c/I swap and when we pulled those lines off coolant came out of them. So i am not too worried about sucking coolant into the engine. So i can just cap those lines and i would be fine? My smog pump and other emissions are not hooked up, do i really need the egr spacer? If i don't what do i have to do to just delete it? Sorry for all the questions.

Here is a pic guys, i circled the two lines i was talking about. This was before the H/C/I swap when the lines were hooked up. The front line is still hooked up, the back one can still hook to the egr it just has no place to go from the egr.

Attachments

• stangnet 2.jpg
    stangnet 2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 60
I would leave those coolant lines disconnected, thats what I did. People will argue that your intake will heat up blah blah blah but im willing to argue that hot coolant flowing through your egr spacer isnt helping either. just a thought.

D347643 said:
I would leave those coolant lines disconnected, thats what I did. People will argue that your intake will heat up blah blah blah but im willing to argue that hot coolant flowing through your egr spacer isnt helping either. just a thought.
You left them disconnected? have you had any problems? Did that coolant line just go to the stock lower? Thanks for the input :nice:

yeah no probs at all, it looks nicer too! haha i did it so long ago that i honestly forget where the lines went. Im not using a heater assembly or the heater tube on the intake either, i just went to a hardware shop and got some plugs for the lower and that was that. some old guy down the street from me told me it was an old racers trick lol i dont know about that but i bet it keeps the egr spacer a little cooler