Question about Mach 460, Metra harness and aftermarket deck

MineralMan

May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
Hey everyone, I've got a quick question that I haven't been able to find the answer to.

Background
My 2001 GT convertible has the Mach 460 6-CD system in it. I am replacing the head unit with the double-DIN Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD player.
DDX7017.jpg

I have researched online in several places about how to replace just the head unit with the rest of the Mach 460 system in-tact.

http://www.stangnet.com/index2.php?...=56#search="Mach 460 Mustang Scosche Harness"

I've purchased the Metra wiring harness 70-5519 and the Scosche mounting kit FD1428B.

Question

The headunit has the built in high-pass and low-pass crossovers. The Metra harness has one set of RCA jacks (left and right). The link referenced above states to plug the RCAs from the back of the head unit into the RCAs on the Metra harness.

The problem is, there are 6 sets of RCAs on the back of the headunit. 2 of which are Audio/Visual Input 1, I know that those aren't it. One is an Audio/Visual Output, that's not it.

The rest of them are labeled Front Preout, Rear Preout, and Subwoofer Preout.

Which of these do I use? My guess is that I use the Subwoofer Preout. Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If it was me, Spending all that money on the Head Unit and not upgrading all the amps / speakers / subs is not worth it.

The Mach systems do lots of unusal things, that is why they are hard to wire in new stuff too.

My advice, pull it ALL out and run new everything!

~K

2002GreyGT said:
My advice, pull it ALL out and run new everything!

~K

I'll PM you my address, you can just send me a check to cover the expense of replacing everything. ;)

Eventually I will replace everything, but for the time being I didn't want to spend all the $$ to do that. Just wanted a new head unit.