question about MAF

wlink1

Banned
Apr 12, 2007
Winston Salem
Granatelli Mass Air Meter 75mm cal'd for cai and 19lb injectors, would I actually benefit from this with my projected set-up? See sig. I got such a deal on it that I don't know whether to run it or sell it and make some money to put toward sct 4bank.

• Sponsors (?)

Granatelli Mass Air Meter 75mm cal'd for cai and 19lb injectors, would I actually benefit from this with my projected set-up? See sig. I got such a deal on it that I don't know whether to run it or sell it and make some money to put toward sct 4bank.

I'd bet the biggest steak in Fort Worth, Texas you'd feel no difference :D

The OEM meter is more than adequate to do anything one might
wanna do using 19lb injectors ;)

Spend your money where you will feel a difference :Word:

Grady

I'd spend it elsewhere, for what you will pay, there will not be much increase.

You may see a VERY slight difference on the dyno. The MAF manufacturers will lean out the car up top in order to gain some horsepower because most cars run very rich from the factory at WOT. This is built into their MAF curve and is where their advertised 10-35hp gain comes from, not the "additional" flow (the stock throttlebody flows much fewer CFM).

Wes

I'd spend it elsewhere, for what you will pay, there will not be much increase.

You may see a VERY slight difference on the dyno. The MAF manufacturers will lean out the car up top in order to gain some horsepower because most cars run very rich from the factory at WOT. This is built into their MAF curve and is where their advertised 10-35hp gain comes from, not the "additional" flow (the stock throttlebody flows much fewer CFM).

Wes

+1

Another problem is if its calibrated for 19's and you ever do a lot of mods or a blower you peg it anyways

Did you port the e7s or buy them that way. I would have looked for some GT40 or GT40p's first. IMHO its not even worth putting ported E7s on

One thing you can try is move the base timing form 10 to 14 and run 93 octane gas. That you may feel and its free

Another problem is if its calibrated for 19's and you ever do any mods like HCI or a blower you peg it anyways

Did you port the e7s or buy them that way. I would have looked for some GT40 or GT40p's first. IMHO its not even worth putting ported E7s on

One thing you can try is move the base timing form 10 to 14 and run 93 octane gas. That you may feel

Bought the E7's, I got the for $200 and they guy ran 12.90's with heads, 1.6rr, 3.73, 89 5spd lx vert, e cam. I already have my timing at 14-15 and run 93.