Question for the stud mounted roller rocker folks

srothfuss

Last night I stabbed the same guy 7 times in a row
Oct 17, 2004
Woodward Ave.
First forgive me if this isn't tech, but I have a question. I am in the process of gathering parts for my first Ford EFI motor build (expected completion next winter.)

Last night I acquired a nice looking set of 1.6RR's w/ the locks [my first RR's ever] for my project. They are stud mounted rockers but they didn't come with any studs. I think that is normal, but again this is my first set of RR's. Now I need to buy heads set up or equiped with studs but I wonder if there are difference's in the studs that I need to be aware of. Will, say, studs that come with the Edelbrock heads be the same as studs that come with Trick Flow heads?

P.S: The tread pitch on the locks is 3/8 24
P.S.S: I didn't search first
P.S.S.S: I can post pictures when I get out of work later today
P.S.S.S.S: Thanks in advance for teaching me the basic's of Roller Rockers!

~Steve

• Sponsors (?)

Just find out what stud size that the heads come with. You will want the 3/8in. size. That is the "normal" size on aftermarket heads for the 302. Good luck with the build up:nice:

As promised: Photos of my new additions.

Poly Lock
Polylock.JPG

Rockers (1.6)
Rockers.JPG

ExplodingGopher said:
those look like crane energizers, same ones i have on my 7.6L except mine are 1.7 ratio, they are pretty good quality haven't had any trouble with them yet.

Yes sir, that is what they are. :D I can't wait to get my motor plans under way.... I'm keeping it a secret for now (It won't be huge but it'll be fun in a street car)