Questions about Cobras (96-98)

OK, I am considering selling off my 95 GT and switching to a 97 or 98 cobra. Since I know very little about the modular 4.6L engines, I'd like to ask what kind of horsepower can the DOHC 4.6L found in these years Cobra sustain before breaking? Also, aside from gears and suspension, what mods are good to do on these cars? I was thinking of buying the cobra and, if money permits, to just slap a kenne bell on it and be done since I hear that these engines love the blowers. Is there another route I should take or what else should I toss into it? Sorry about the newb questions but I'm in the dark on this one.

• Sponsors (?)

well the 4.6 loves gears 4.10's or 4.30's. Both DOHC and SOHC respond well to boost the weak point is the rods and pistons. you can expect to run 8-10psi with a conservative tune no problem. anything above that and say bye bye to motor the stick blocks can take a beating. The cobra's come with a forged crank so you are good there. upgrade the pistons and rods and expect to handle around 800-900hp. I hope that helps.