Questions about my planned setup!

DrYeRLiNt

Jan 17, 2008
My 67 coupe is taking a long slow painful restoration process. It's a shame that I lack the time or money to expedite the process a bit, but such is life.

Anyway, not that it will help me any to figure out my plans any, but it would put my mind at ease a bit. So here come the questions.

I'll start off with what my plans are!

331 Stroker
T-56
8.8 IRS swap or 9" swap (undecided since the cost will be similar. I'd really like the drivability of a new car just to make it a really nice riding car.)
Twin Turbochargers (not sure on what size to go with but something will some potential)
Either a macpherson strut conversion from DVS Restorations or Global West coilovers (is this kit even out from DVS? Or will it ever be?)

Now that you guys get the idea of my plan... here come the questions!

1- How difficult is it to install hydroboost? What parts would be needed?
2- How difficult/expensive is to to prevent the rust these cars are already a victim of?
3- Is the Xe7R Twin Pack Kit from Xsighting Lighting worth the cost? I really wanna blend old and new to make a car worth keeping forever.
4- Is an aluminum or carbon fiber driveshaft worth the added cost over a steel one?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along, just wanted to get the basics out of the way. Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)