Questions about my transmission swap?

I did the AODE to T5 swap everything even the computer. #1 I can start the car with out pushing the clutch pedal. #2 the RPMs go up rather then down between shifts. #3 I've had the clutch pedal position switch that has the two plugs in it unpluged and pluged in and it runs the same ether way..Any ideas?????

• Sponsors (?)

mine does the same thing even with everything plugged in. i actually like it that way. just be careful to make sure the car is in neutral or get in the habit of pushing in the clutch anyway before turning the key. as far as the rpm's rising when depressing the clutch, does it go up slightly then fall or does it go up a good amount and hang there?

Mine doesnt start with out the clutch pedal down, but the rpms do raise slightly during shifting, but only for a second, if you hold in the clutch pedal it shoud rise slightly then fall back down, Play with the wiring to find out when the car doesnt start with the pedal up?

as far as the rpm's rising when depressing the clutch, does it go up slightly then fall or does it go up a good amount and hang there?[/QUOTE]

It gos up slightly then falls in the upper rpm then will hang at about 1500 to1700 rpm at idle when I stop for about 10 sec. then will fall to normal..

FORCED2DV8 said:
Mine doesnt start with out the clutch pedal down, but the rpms do raise slightly during shifting, but only for a second, if you hold in the clutch pedal it shoud rise slightly then fall back down, Play with the wiring to find out when the car doesnt start with the pedal up?
is yours an auto to manual swap though or did you buy yours with a manual?

rustang94 said:
as far as the rpm's rising when depressing the clutch, does it go up slightly then fall or does it go up a good amount and hang there?

It gos up slightly then falls in the upper rpm then will hang at about 1500 to1700 rpm at idle when I stop for about 10 sec. then will fall to normal..[/QUOTE]http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=646119

check there.....there is another thread going right now with a method that will most likely correct the problem.

rustang94 said:
I did the AODE to T5 swap everything even the computer. #1 I can start the car with out pushing the clutch pedal.

To prevent the car from starting without pushing in the clutch pedal there's a little jumper harness back behind the fuse block that needs to be disconnected. It's just a single wire and I recall it had a stripe on it.