questions about smog delete, and a/c delete

PeteyAce

Jul 2, 2004
with smog pump delete wouldnt it be easier to just take it out and run a shorter belt then buying an eliminator kit? When also taking the smog out what goes along with the smog pump (any lines or what not). And im gunna delete my a/c, id figure i just go with the frpp kit that moves the p/s pump to where a/c is, just wanting some feed back on the kit. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

And you have smog delete? So your power steering pump is where the a/c is? Does it take a special bracket? What length is your belt? If I had to leave my power steering pump where it is and just got a shorter belt would it rub? Could I put the tensioner where the a/c was and just use that to bring the belt up from the water pump and keep it from rubbing?

No, the power steering is right where it belongs, just have a wierd size belt. If you went to your parts source, told em you have an air delete 5.0, they should set you up with the same belt I have. Smog stuff has to stay, the appearance of stock is imperative in the Strippt motif!

FRPP has the brackets and stuff in the catalog, all the stuff on my motor that make it not have air, just wanna be sure the earlier motor is the same, bolt wise. I'll look tomorrow, but I don't think I have anything on the front of the intake- you wouldn't need to drill anything new to make it work. Still got your compressor on?

actually i never passed an emission test legally, car has had a/c and smog in it but wasnt setup when i brought the car, i dont want the tube coming out of my o/r h pipe plugged? i have had it plugged since i put it on the line where it connects to is mia, what happens if you do?

with smog pump delete wouldnt it be easier to just take it out and run a shorter belt then buying an eliminator kit? When also taking the smog out what goes along with the smog pump (any lines or what not). And im gunna delete my a/c, id figure i just go with the frpp kit that moves the p/s pump to where a/c is, just wanting some feed back on the kit. thanks.

your plan is perfect. FRPP kit and just get rid of everything for the smog pump.

edit: for the holes on the back of the heads. take the tube off and with a grinder or hacksaw cut the tube off and flip the things that bolt to the heads around and whoala! block off.

you can take off the smog pump and the ac and just buy the ac eliminator kit and it moves the ps up and then you just take and find out the belt i'm dealing with that right now but by next weekend i should know the size and yes to take off the pipe lines that run to you h pipe you don't need it

don't take it off if u r still running cats. otherwise, take off the pump & all the lines to and from it. you'll have to plug the back of the heads with 5/8-11 x 3/4" bolts, and plug where the line goes from the pump into your crossover pipe. i'd suggest doing this at the same time as your a/c delete, otherwise you'll need to buy 2 different length belts. you'll also have to change the way you route the belt. ( just a reminder that the water pump is reverse rotation) heres a pic of what i did. i'm running a 72.5" belt.
2591090_38_full.jpg