Questions About Vacuum Tree

dderek

Feb 29, 2004
rebuilding my car at the moment, it has no egr, and no a/c.
the only vacuum lines that got actually used were the red, and green tubes.

Im wondering if i can just remove the other section and just plug the tube?

or will it cause a problem? because thats 2 harnesses that arnet plugged in.

the only stuff that comes off the two things i want to remove has a screw jammed into one of them, and the other tube im not sure if its open to the air or not.

trying to move them to my fender, out of the engine bay to make room to mount solenoids etc.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Sponsors (?)

Someone has a plug you can make to fool the computer to thinking those are installed. I think its Jrinker but who know..... they are the TAB and TAD solenoids. Maybe do a search on that.

TAB and TAD, cool
more info than i knew so far.
anybody else know what they did/do?

and if they are vital to the computer at all?

i DO have a tweecer, so i can disable some things etc

the two small solenoids are the TAD And TAB and both have to do with the stock smog pump.. deleting them will cause two error codes to be stored I believe but they will not cause any drive ability issues or bring a check engine light up on you. The larger one with the round cap thing on it is your EVAP I believe it's call.. it's used to control the egr solenoid that mounts to the egr spacer between your throttlebody and intake manifold. If you've deleted your egr then you can ditch this but if not then it's needed for the egr to function. I believe unplugging the egr will cause the ecm to disable or bypass the egr totally and will again set an error code but won't cause a check engine light or drive ability issues just won't have any egr so your cruise mpg may suffer slightly but I doubt your worried about that :nice: