Questions on spark plugs and header gaskets

sacky07

Aug 18, 2011
I am curently in the process of replacing my header gaskets and did alot of research here on them here and now have myself scared. Everyone cursed the bbk header gaskets and thats what i got. i dont want to have to battle this project anytime again in the near future so i am thinking of getting different ones. these are the bbk ones i got, BBK Performance 1575 - BBK Reinforced Header Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com are they worth a hoot? or should i go with the felpro 1415's everyone else uses. The gaskets i am working on removing are paper thin and appear to be plastic. They are 100% stuck to the head and crumble like saltine crakers when you are able to pick at them. also gonna replace sparkplugs while im in there, any thing special for a superchargered application? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have copper exhaust header gaskets that are holding tight after three years now. The spark plugs should be gapped closer on a super charged engine, not as wide as the grand canyon like stock gaps. I use a .040 gap on my efi, non SC engine. ngk v gap.