Questions regarding JMS & others pre-program chips.

xYoung347x

Nov 3, 2003
How accurate are they? Will they make a big difference in highly moded car? JMS says they can fix problems like bucking, surging, hesitating, and other sorts. What are your input about them versus other tuning device like dyno tune, TwEECer R/T, PMS, and etc.

• Sponsors (?)

I got a chip from JMS....had the dreaded e-cam blues, weird idle-surge. They fixed all that and more. You can change the fan settings,eliminate egr codes just about anything you want. Give them a call and talk to them. was worth the money to me . Only thing is if you change your set-up, it may throw the tune off, so dont go with a custom chip if you plan to keep moddin. good luck.

My custom JMS chip was by far the best mod I've ever done to my car. My car idles and drive like it was stock. After going through hell with installing my H/C/I, it was a real relief to install something that was easy and effective. Check out the dyno graphs on my website, that flat air/fuel ratio was from the first burn on the chip. All I had to do was have a 15-20 minute conversation with them on the phone.

Young347 I dunno where you are, but if you're around the Tampa, FL area, the speed shop that sponsors our club (Blue Oval Corral) burns custom chips for 250 with free unlimited re-burns and they also make custom cams :nice: