Quick Help! Windshield Scratches!

IEatRiceGT

Sep 22, 2005
MD
Okay, I got caught in a bad rainstorm and of course my wiper blades took a crap on me. Basically, the rubber insert in the blade tore off and the metal bracket repeditively scratched the windshield. As a result...there is about a 1cm wide light scratch across my windshield in the motion of the wiper blades. My problem is that I am meeting the buyer of my car tommorow and I need to somehow get rid of this scratch. I am hoping someone has an idea short of knocking down the price of the car to compensate for this. I was thinking possibly some type of polishing compound to try to buff it?? Please Help! Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

There is a kit out there that reportedly works well for some scratches (how deep, I know not). IIRC, Paul (Almost Stock - an extremely gracious stanger) has used it before. He's very, very savvy and also might have ideas if you need further info before others whom know get a chance to post.

I think someone on Stephane's thread posted a link to Eastwood. This might be a duplicate:
http://eastwood.resultspage.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=glass

Good luck.

This may not help you, but it is my understanding that down here in Florida, if your windshield is cracked for any reason, your insurance company MUST replace it at no cost or penalty to you. I haven't verified this to be true, but it came from someone I'd consider a credible source.

I'd check and see if your state has some law to that effect. If they do and you can't get the scratches out, have your windshield end up mysteriously cracked. :SNSign:

This may not help you, but it is my understanding that down here in Florida, if your windshield is cracked for any reason, your insurance company MUST replace it at no cost or penalty to you. I haven't verified this to be true, but it came from someone I'd consider a credible source.

I'd check and see if your state has some law to that effect. If they do and you can't get the scratches out, have your windshield end up mysteriously cracked. :SNSign:

Tis True!!!!!!!!!!

One of the few good things about living in Florida.