Quick question about o/r mid pipe

• Sponsors (?)

You can get the SLP O/R X-pipe, which would be the easiest to switch some hi-flow cats in for emissions testing. The SLP X-pipe is modular, so you can run "race pipes" or hi-flow cats whenever you want. The switch only takes about 10-15 minutes and it isn't that hard to do at all. Just undo a few bandclamps and pull the race pipes off, then slip the cats on and tighten the bandclamps back down and you're ready to go :nice:

That way you can run O/R X all the time and only put cats on for emissions testing, so you can still enjoy the sound of a catless Mustang :D

Whatever you decide, keep your stock piece. You will likely need it someday. :)

Personally, I would just swap the two pipes for inspection. Many people do this.

Another option would be to find a nice high-flow catted midpipe that is smog compliant.

I wouldn't plan on being able to pass emissions with any aftermarket pipe, cats or no cats. We've all seen the "I have a catted midpipe, why did I fail the sniffer??" threads.. some places are just retards with their testing, and some aftermarket cats suck. I agree with Tim's thinking.. hold on to that stock piece!

2k3gt said:
so if we're all holding onto our stock midpipes for "what-if" and smog situations, why, aside from personal dislike, would anyone NOT get an O/R midpipe?
Visual inspection by a law enforcement official, while pulled over to the side of the road. No cats = instant fine. (In some states, not all.)

My car's too low for a cop to see under even with a mirror he'd have to lie flat on his stomache :D

Anyway, I know Cali is the Nazi Germany of air pollution regulation, just forgot how steep of a fine it is, some few thousand if I remember correctly.