Quote...Bad Fuel Injectors

law

Aug 6, 2003
I am 99% sure I have one or more bad fuel injectors and I need someone to give me an estimate of how much it will cost me to get this fixed. Seeing how this is related to the fuel system and I am mechanically challenged, yet learning, that is why I would leave it to a shop. I plan on calling around but I just wanted some advice from you guys before I start calling. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, as long as you think you can put all the stuff back together, you really take off a couple of top things in your engine bay and you can get at the fuel injectors. Just looking through Summit really quick, it's like 220 bucks for new ones, and you can get a bigger size if you want, especially if you get a recalibrated mass air, which would be a good bump in power.

You'd probably just lose fuel economy. I might would wait unless you plan on upgrading the air intake and MAF soon. But its not hard to do. I cracked one while removing my stock intake and they just snap in and out of place. You gotta remove the upper intake and all of its connections which is easy. Then pop the fuel rails off pull out the old injector pop the new one back in, pop the fuel rail back on and reinstall the intake. Dont forget new upper/lower gaskets tho and waterbased lube (ky for example works great) to apply to the rubber gaskets on the injector. Its not worth shelling out like $200 for them to install one injector.

Yeah that was my next question. If in fact I do not need to replace all the injectors, should I relpace all of them anyways? Which brand shoud I go with?

The most common will the the Ford Racing ones which are made by Bosch. These are very good fuel injectors, and come in a host of sizes: 19 (stock), 24,30, 36,42, etc... There are also some other good brand, but are mostly for the serious racers.

If your going to change to larger injectors I would go no larger than #24 on your car,
anything more wont help you in the power dept and deffinately wont help you in the economy dept either. Also #24 are good for up to 350 hp+ pretty safely, if your gonna do a blower or nitros (over a 125 shot) which means you have to upgrade your stock fuel system anyway then go bigger like #36-#42's. And deffinately change all of them.