race today. dissapointed.

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
so my friend (96gtho) and i finally got to race today. i didnt really want to he had his cousin in the car, and i had my g.f in the car. i hated everysecond of it and ill never do it again. first time was on an undeveloped straight road, nothing coming in from either side, doest lead anywhere, and plenty wide. only a few people walking at the very beginning, after we were back down to 40 below mph, and a few guys doing landscaping behind them. then another time on a one lane road (double yellow line, no cars on it in middle of nowhere, friend in wrong side of road. first time i didnt launch worth a crap and i knew it was over, then missed 3rd. which ive never done but like 4 times before, and the second time i stayed with him pretty good until i missed third. :shrug: i swear i dont know why i missed it twice, i never have before. go ahead and tell me how bad i am, im not doing it again unless no ones in the car with me, and no one is at the first spot. i was very careful and i think i did so poor because of how worried i was. flame away, i just got it back and i had to get it out of me, even though i really didnt want to. most kids drive like this all the time, i dont hardly at all and they were pretty safe conditions from what i thought.

i seemed to pull best once i got out of the hole and the faster we went i seemed to pull harder. what do you think, i think i could clean house with some 3.73's?

heres to no more racing. sorry i let you guys down, i feel bad enough already.

• Sponsors (?)

missing 3rd with the MGW ay? that never happens with my Pro 5.0. ;) but on a more serious note, guess you only leanr by doing so, at least is sounds you were semi smart about it. Get some gears, headers and offroad H or X...or some better tires....tons of thing that can help you.

no i mean like, all the other times ive been racing or something i havent missed it but a few times. the local track you have to be 18 to run by yourself, if your not then you need a parent/legal guardian to ride with you.