Raced a 94 LT1 Formula Ram Air WS7

ARed1995GT

Dec 9, 2003
Boca Raton, FL
94 LT1 Formula Ram Air WS7

T56, TPIS Air foil and AFPR, TB bypass, LT4 knock, 1.6 roller rockers, Accel 300+ street/strip ignition, Edelbrock shorties, flowmaster catback, 4.10's, Hotchkis STB, Competition Engineering springs, Bilstein shocks

He dyno'd 266 rwhp, 301 rwtq.

We raced from a 20 mph 1st gear roll, he honked it off, 3rd honk we nail it, I instantly pull out a car in front of him, towards the end of 3rd/going into 4th he passes me, and at 115 mph he was 3/4 a car in front of me, he only put 1 and 3/4 a car on me from 20 - 115. I think I hold my own pretty good with faster cars. I want to race him again once my performer 5.0 is on, maybe it will be closer.

I also received my intake base (polished typhoon) from 50resto.com today, I got all the gaskets + bolts I need to put it on. Just waiting on the afpr + for joe to not be so busy.

• Sponsors (?)

I say you got vary lucky it was only a 1 3/4 car lenght. I raced my friends bone stock 95 ws6 ram air firebird against my bone stock 94 mustang gt with 5 speed. I heard him miss 3rd gear and he still got me by atleast 2 cars in the 1/4 mile. I've been racing stick cars for years.

we dont race on roads with traffic, just straight roads with no one on it late at night, we go down the street once, to see if its clear, then make a u-turn and race, ive raced my friend in an ls1, i hang with him really well low end till i reach 4th gear, then he starts to pull hard

He will race anyone. He's even called out my son.

joseph_green_machine.jpg

LS1's are, as I read in a Honda forum, "un***witable." As soon as they hit that third gear sweet spot, seeee yaaaaaa. Even though I praise the 5.0, you gotta give some respect.

Back on topic, nice run against the WS7, those 373's came in handy!

ARed1995GT said:
haha I'll run you, not saying I will win... but I will run you :p

It's on! When and where? :D
I'll even make sure you win at least once so you can post the kill here (if you want to).

And if you wanna run my old '96 LT1...I can set that up for ya too. He's (new owner) in west Boca, off 441...so it might be right around the corner for you.

:nice: