Raced an 00 Gt last night

No it doesn't do that it comes on pretty much when i'm cruising at a certain speed and stays on for about 5 mins or so. After the first time it done that i had gotten to my destination and i sat there at idle for about 5 mins or so it kinda run rough like a motor mount was broken or somethin. I know it's not the motor mount though. I'm gonna change the fuel filter cuz i've never changed it since i own the car and then i'm gonna go from there. I'm also going to be gettin my rear wheel bearings done this week too.

• Sponsors (?)

Since the Bullitt was brought up I'll add this. My mom owns one, its number 2998. She has let me race it a few time sta the track. BONE STOCK with only 1200miles on it I ran a 14.1 at 99mph and it was the first time I drove the car, let alone raced it. I recently raced it again, only this time I removed the spare and bolted on my 26x10.5X16 ET streets. I had the ET streets filled with 25lbs of air and I slipped the clutch on the launch so as to not break anything. I ran a 13.5 at 101mph, hell my mom ran it the same day and ran a 13.8 at 99mph in it. Don't count the 99-newer cars out guys.

My buddy Mike (goesby DU302 on the boards) has a '00 GT convertible with a 5 speed. With gears, pulleys, H pipe, TA, optimizer, cat back, and ET streets he has run 13.205 @ 102.71 mph IN HIS VERT! Do you know how much I had to throw at my car to match those numbers??? The main difference I see is that there is a limit as to how far a 2V 4.6 can be taken in terms of ET's and such versus a 5.0L... but we also have a lot more parts available for the 5.0 too.