Raced an 05 gt.

I have several close personal friends, including roomates making plenty of power.

I need not IM anybody. You just dont understand the streets here...
even the WRXs GSXs and EVOs lose traction, as i have holeshotted many on the "track" ;)

and you have proved nothing at all.

using examples to "prove" something is downright stupid. that is as bad as some ricer who beat A gt from a roll saying "Oh i can beat 99+ GTs"

• Sponsors (?)

95snoozer said:
I have several close personal friends, including roomates making plenty of power.

I need not IM anybody. You just dont understand the streets here...
even the WRXs GSXs and EVOs lose traction, as i have holeshotted many on the "track" ;)

and you have proved nothing at all.

using examples to "prove" something is downright stupid. that is as bad as some ricer who beat A gt from a roll saying "Oh i can beat 99+ GTs"

Man you are cracking me up...

What kind of 60fts you pulling? Also where the drivers of the WRXs and EVO's giving the potential that it has...also did ya'll have the same exact reaction time? Again a lot of factors matter...

Well if you don't want to PM any of these people then that is your choice and your right...but then again I could say that is your choice and your right not to see reality...

For real man...I thought you had been to the track enough to learn these things...you are hopelessly wrong...nothing we can do except prove...but if one can't except the given proof...then nothing is proven in the eyes of the beholder...

I've always understood that the intelligent can never be fully recieved by the unintelligent (uninformed)... :shrug:

Yellow1995Cobra said:
Alot of people bitch about the IRS and hooking up but ive had good luck with it, of course my IRS was never stock since i bought the car modded. Im sure a stock IRS would suck compared to a stock solid axle.

Stock for stock you think solid axle is better? I find that hard to believe cause i know for sure of two guys at my track running all stock suspension and drag radials on their 03 Cobra's consistantly running 1.7's... Im not denying it, but i do find it very skeptical that svt would put it on if it didn't help...

I know some of you are thinking 1.7s aren't that tough on drag radials, but when you have 390 + lbs of torque and running for 11's it can be...

moneypit94 said:
Stock for stock you think solid axle is better? I find that hard to believe cause i know for sure of two guys at my track running all stock suspension and drag radials on their 03 Cobra's consistantly running 1.7's... Im not denying it, but i do find it very skeptical that svt would put it on if it didn't help...

I know some of you are thinking 1.7s aren't that tough on drag radials, but when you have 390 + lbs of torque and running for 11's it can be...

Well the IRS is first and foremost a handling suspension. The big problem with them is people snapping half shafts and busting the differential cover. The two important parts to stop this is the poly IRS bushings and MJ differential brace. Even though u may think all their suspensions are stock, im sure they have these mods, other wise they are wheel hoping big time, and thats what causes the breakage. Go check out svtperformance.com and u can read all about it. All the fastest 03's out there are runing the solid axles..

yellow1995Cobra said:
Well the IRS is first and foremost a handling suspension. The big problem with them is people snapping half shafts and busting the differential cover. The two important parts to stop this is the poly IRS bushings and MJ differential brace. Even though u may think all their suspensions are stock, im sure they have these mods, other wise they are wheel hoping big time, and thats what causes the breakage. Go check out svtperformance.com and u can read all about it. All the fastest 03's out there are runing the solid axles..

Correctomundo...

yellow1995Cobra said:
Even though u may think all their suspensions are stock, im sure they have these mods, other wise they are wheel hoping big time, and thats what causes the breakage. Go check out svtperformance.com and u can read all about it. All the fastest 03's out there are runing the solid axles..
You can cut 1.7 60' with a stock IRS :). As long as it doesn't break traction, it doesn't hop, and usually survives the experience. :)

Personally, I'm done drag racing, for now... I don't want to put the money into this car required to make it "safe" for track abuse. Call me lazy, I know... I'm going to start open tracking next year instead. Less likely to snap things that way...

On a basically unrelated note ... I swapped the stock pulley back on tonight, I need to get some warranty work done (throwout bearing), and I don't want to risk the dealer seeing the pulley... well let me tell ya, with the stock pulley on there it's pretty anemic! Still faster than my 95, but youch... I had forgotten already :)

Dave

epracmetcon said:
That his car was faster then mine? :rolleyes: sorry, I usually dont even race on the street at all. Much less on a fairly busy part of the local cruising strip.

And that's not a problem. Really, that was directed at the "racers" who are trying to read something into every single story they hear about.

If they had read closely, you stopped after 2nd gear. That means it was a quick blast for both of you, and if all the internet/magazine racers here read too much into that... well, you get my drift.

well i know for sure that one of the 03's had absolutely no suspension upgrades cause i specifically asked... He had a smaller pulley, exhaust, and a 50 shot of nitrous running 11.6's... and i know what his sixty was cause i went heads up with him and its on one of my time slips.

But yeah i get what your saying and i didn't think about it being for handling but it makes complete sence.

5spd GT said:
Man you are cracking me up...

What kind of 60fts you pulling? Also where the drivers of the WRXs and EVO's giving the potential that it has...also did ya'll have the same exact reaction time? Again a lot of factors matter...

Well if you don't want to PM any of these people then that is your choice and your right...but then again I could say that is your choice and your right not to see reality...

For real man...I thought you had been to the track enough to learn these things...you are hopelessly wrong...nothing we can do except prove...but if one can't except the given proof...then nothing is proven in the eyes of the beholder...

I've always understood that the intelligent can never be fully recieved by the unintelligent (uninformed)... :shrug:

you should know the street is NOT vht land.

sorry they dont give me a 60 foot lreading on the street.

on the street tires.. at the time, mid 1.8s

maybe it is you that hasnt spent as much time on the street.

there was a time when it was a 3 night a week thing for me and the track was a 2 night a week.

times change and we grow tired of things, just as i have of you since your second post of nonsense and fallacious reasoning

95snoozer said:
you should know the street is NOT vht land.

sorry they dont give me a 60 foot lreading on the street.

on the street tires.. at the time, mid 1.8s

maybe it is you that hasnt spent as much time on the street.

there was a time when it was a 3 night a week thing for me and the track was a 2 night a week.

times change and we grow tired of things, just as i have of you since your second post of nonsense and fallacious reasoning

No...your just getting flustered because you haven't been able to back up anything you have said...

Again...how do you know those WRX's and EVO's were giving all the car had...and I believe they pull 1.8 60fts stock as you did...or that the drivers were giving it the potential launch it could...

Remember my car wouldn't bark in second but I seen a 91 geo metro do it...does that mean his car is more powerful than mine...remember you seem to think traction issues show power????

I drive my car everyday (daily driver) if that tells you if I'm on the street at all...how bout you go back to the track and learn what really happens (potential and no-potential)...I bet when you see an 03 zo6 run a 14 second quarter that that is what they all run huh? Never thought about the driver leaving the traction control on, shifting at the wrong rpm, traction problems, not shifting fast, etc...?????? Go back to the track...talk to Ed Curtis about that one...

So they dont' give you a reaction lead on the street? If you think about it is the same as reacting to a "third honk" or a "green light" from a red light...all comparing that to a christmas tree at the track...you haven't put much thought into this have you...?????

moneypit94 said:
well i know for sure that one of the 03's had absolutely no suspension upgrades cause i specifically asked... He had a smaller pulley, exhaust, and a 50 shot of nitrous running 11.6's... and i know what his sixty was cause i went heads up with him and its on one of my time slips.

Well that could very well be the case of a dishonest owner...but then again he could have been honest... :shrug:

I could bark my Festiva in second every time. :D But to be fair, you both are right on different aspects. The festiva only had 12 tires that were like 4 inches wide.

And 5 Speed GT is absolutely right about traction problems don't always = Mega power and Mega power doesn't always = traction problems especially in a manual tranny where you can slip that clutch to DEATH. :usa:

5spd GT said:
No...your just getting flustered because you haven't been able to back up anything you have said...

Again...how do you know those WRX's and EVO's were giving all the car had...and I believe they pull 1.8 60fts stock as you did...or that the drivers were giving it the potential launch it could...

Remember my car wouldn't bark in second but I seen a 91 geo metro do it...does that mean his car is more powerful than mine...remember you seem to think traction issues show power????

I drive my car everyday (daily driver) if that tells you if I'm on the street at all...how bout you go back to the track and learn what really happens (potential and no-potential)...I bet when you see an 03 zo6 run a 14 second quarter that that is what they all run huh? Never thought about the driver leaving the traction control on, shifting at the wrong rpm, traction problems, not shifting fast, etc...?????? Go back to the track...talk to Ed Curtis about that one...

So they dont' give you a reaction lead on the street? If you think about it is the same as reacting to a "third honk" or a "green light" from a red light...all comparing that to a christmas tree at the track...you haven't put much thought into this have you...?????

i have answers to all of these, but have you yet to grasp that since the first page i dont care enough about you to even respond to your points.

You are not worth my time to debate, sorry.

but your posts are starting to get entertaining so who knows what will happen
:spot:

95snoozer said:
i have answers to all of these, but have you yet to grasp that since the first page i dont care enough about you to even respond to your points.

You are not worth my time to debate, sorry.

but your posts are starting to get entertaining so who knows what will happen
:spot:

Well your responding...I know you can't back up or contour my claims...

Well if entertaining ='s real world experience than I am a very entertaining person...

It's okay that those who read this thread "see the light"...and yours was eclipsed... :nice:

5spd GT said:
Well your responding...I know you can't back up or contour my claims...

Well if entertaining ='s real world experience than I am a very entertaining person...

It's okay that those who read this thread "see the light"...and yours was eclipsed... :nice:

it must be nice to live in a make believe world like you:shrug: