Raced First Time last night! (need help)

Rains

Founding Member
Oct 14, 2002
Chico, CALIFORNIA!!!
yeah, i finally caved in last night and ran my GT for the first time in a full 1/4, lost by 2 cars to a stock newer prelude SH (VTec)

i got nervous and couldn't hook off the line to save my life, only went one pass and i think my clutch was slipping :mad: :mad:

i hit about 30 mph and the motor tached up but i was going no where fast......

people at the site were all.... dude is that a 6 cyl??

i think i may need a clutch upgrade and some 3:55's....

"cause you know..... i cant loose again" :D

PS_ anyone know how fast Prelude SH VTec with a five run stock??

• Sponsors (?)

What did you run man? Post your timeslip or times. Racing at the track is a lot different than the street. Takes a lotta practice. You'll get the hang of it. Yeah you def need a gear. It'll help save a clutch too. haha

well, my launch was complete crap.... the pressure got to me...

yeah, i hope it's not my clutch thats making me pig out in the high gears... a little bog

sounds good, next time i'll lower the tire psi some, i think i'm around 40 in the rears on my 275 Bridgestone Z rated...

maybe i should spot some type of DR's now.... :D

hrrm... maybe i shouldnt launch at 3.5k anymore either...

the new preludes are quick for what they are. my friend frankie has one and i only beat him by 2 cars stock for stock. thats a whooooole nother story now! ill give him 5 cars head start and gain on him like jaws on a limbless human

Dont feel bad. I got beat at the track by an all motor civic a few weeks ago. Sad thing is, my friends got it on video. I took the little guy by like 2 cars out of the hole because of my reaction time and 60'. but he actually pulled on the topend. my 15.3 to his 14.3 with 10mph difference. You dont win them all. Just get some more power mods and you will catch him anyways.

Are you looking into an intake anytime soon?

Normally on the street, you should only be running around 30psi in your tires. Lower it a little from that when you drag race. 40psi is very high and is probably making your tires wear in the center more than the outer edge.