Racing a prius

Skud

Sep 10, 2003
Saskatchewan
Hahahaha.. My co-worker sent me this link to a thread on prius chat about people racing other cars with their prius.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=16201

Here's my favourite quote..

My wife ran hers at the Houston dragstrip. She turned 17.8 seconds at 78? mph. There is a thread about it here. I agree with the full battery technique but there is a problem. When you do that the battery gets quite warm which increases internal resistance and reduces output. Your first run will be the fastest. At some point the battery gets so full that it runs the engine to reduce the SOC. All this makes for a warmer and warmer battery. I think the best strategy is to charge to 8 bars and then shut it down and let it cool for at least an hour. It might be a good idea to push it to the start line. How do you get a warm engine and a cool battery at the same time? There are definitely some inherent hurdles to getting a low drag time.

And then this...

What about having the A/C at full blast so some of that cold interior air filters down the vent to the battery?

Lol.. there is lots of good stuff.. Some guy AutoX'd his prius just to do it..

Thanks!!
Riley

• Sponsors (?)

I will run them in my wifes sunfire... 2.2 liters of POWA thru a 3 speed auto :hail2:

BTW that dennis guy over there is the biggest tool of all time on any forum I have ever read. If he registered over here I think we would have a record time set for banning a non spammer.

That thread was a all out tard carnival.

i saw that at another forum...I couldn't believe some of the things they've claimed. To race one it's just laughable anyway. And to think that others would try to race them is just funny too....i'm sure all those vehicles they claimed to "race" didn't even know they were in the presence of a prius.

Stangsgrl said:
i saw that at another forum...I couldn't believe some of the things they've claimed. To race one it's just laughable anyway. And to think that others would try to race them is just funny too....i'm sure all those vehicles they claimed to "race" didn't even know they were in the presence of a prius.

EXACTLY, took the words right outta my mouth.