Rack & Pinion question (95 vs 03)

• Sponsors (?)

It will bolt right in. I was on the phone with Chris at Maximum Motorsports last night and asked him. It's a direct replacement and it's on my list.

FYI he also said AGR is junk which I've heard from a couple other reliable sources.

Good luck finding a Cobra rack or financing a new one...

What is the difference between the two? The ratios? Durability? Looks? ;) Just want to know if it is really worth the extra $75 to pick it up. (AutoZone has them for $175+core. 95 racks are $100+core.) I am planning to do an almost complete rebuild of my front suspension and steering in the next month or so and would really like to know how much better this is over my stock 95. (Granted, at the moment, anything is better than the worn out parts I currently have.)

Many thanks,
MustangChuck

What is the difference between the two? The ratios? Durability? Looks? ;) Just want to know if it is really worth the extra $75 to pick it up. (AutoZone has them for $175+core. 95 racks are $100+core.) I am planning to do an almost complete rebuild of my front suspension and steering in the next month or so and would really like to know how much better this is over my stock 95. (Granted, at the moment, anything is better than the worn out parts I currently have.)

Many thanks,
MustangChuck

The ones at Autozone are remanufactured pieces from companies like Cardone. It was suggested to me to only use an original ford steering rack. Your best bet would be a local junk yard or one of the companies online that part out Mustangs.

The ones at Autozone are remanufactured pieces from companies like Cardone. It was suggested to me to only use an original ford steering rack. Your best bet would be a local junk yard or one of the companies online that part out Mustangs.

All components remanufactured must meet certain parameters. So if it is a reman original cobra rack, Then nothing changed except the parts that may have been bad, Most times the inner and outer rods, and those are the same as ours so i dont see why u should avoid it, cardone makes quality reman parts. And who suggested that to you anyway? And remember it was just a suggestion, lol and if it was someone from a company selling more expensive cobra racks that may be why, they want u to buy theres. I want hard facts as to why it is different and why they "should be avoided"

All components remanufactured must meet certain parameters. So if it is a reman original cobra rack, Then nothing changed except the parts that may have been bad, Most times the inner and outer rods, and those are the same as ours so i dont see why u should avoid it, cardone makes quality reman parts. And who suggested that to you anyway? And remember it was just a suggestion, lol and if it was someone from a company selling more expensive cobra racks that may be why, they want u to buy theres. I want hard facts as to why it is different and why they "should be avoided"

Chris from Maximum Motorsports suggested all this to me and he wasn't trying to sell me anything...I was actually in the process of getting an RGA# to return something to them.

They're about $240 if you have a Cobra rack as a core replacement. Since none of us do, they'd run us about $390. I'm gonna spend the next week trying to find a used one, otherwise I'm just getting a factory 95 replacement from my local dealership.

AutoZone in my area has them (reman) for $175 + $100 core.

With my driving habits, I may just stick with the GT rack. Anything will be better than what I currently have (it's pretty worn out after 165k miles of bad Louisiana roads).

Many thanks,
MustangChuck

The Autozone in my area carries an Atsco reman. rack for the 03 Cobra and it runs $273 without the core ($100 back with core).

Advance Auto Parts has a Cardone 03 Cobra rack for $338 without core ($140 off with core). That's getting towards the price of a new rack.

I've heard good things about Cardone, but never heard of Atsco.

Wouldn't either rack still be an upgrade over a new or reman. 94/95 GT rack?