Radar Detectors

• Sponsors (?)

Just remember if you get a V1, to make it have that "night time" effect where the display dims and stuff you have to buy that seperately. The piece I'm talking about is this...

20110ha.jpg

They are both amazing and you'll always get differing opinions on whose is better. Friend of mine has the X50 and I used it when I went in to Houston once and it was amazing. Saved me from 4 tickets and lets just say you might want to bring an extra pair of boxers for when the laser sound goes off hehe.

Not to bash Valentine....and I am a V1 user......but I just talked a buddy of mine into buying one, so he did. He is a Cincinnati native(valentine hq's) and decided to buy his directly from the shop and pick it up at the Valentine office. So he gets it and his brand new unit not even an hour old gives him a flashing "E" on the way home...indicating an error. He calls Valentine, talks to a tech and they say that the guts are no good and to bring it back and they will give him a "refurbished one". WTF over???? The unit is not even an hour old and they will NOT replace his brand new unit with another brand new one. He went back the next day to exchange it and even Mike Valentine himself would not replace it with a new unit. Talk about poor customer service. I love my V1 and its performance but that is unacceptable customer service in my opinion.

Jason

Who has the best deal on a V1? Can you only buy them off the web?

Call Valentine Research at 1 800 331 3030 and ask for a returned V1 and you will get 10% off the retail price of $399. It will be the latest version V1.8 POP2 w/ Euro-mode and 3.862 firmware and that comes with all the accessories and a 1 year warranty.

I had a V1 and it worked great. I was very happy with it and I wanted to stick it in the grill but I would lose the rear protection. Anyways it was stolen by my ex-landlords son and sold for $50. What a idiot, he should have asked at least $200 for it. Anyways I gotta buy another one and it will be a V1.

I had a V1 and it worked great. I was very happy with it and I wanted to stick it in the grill but I would lose the rear protection. Anyways it was stolen by my ex-landlords son and sold for $50. What a idiot, he should have asked at least $200 for it. Anyways I gotta buy another one and it will be a V1.

You have to get another V1 because it is the best.

http://guysoflidar.com/august-2007/radar-detector-test.html