Electrical Radiator Fan Not Working Properly. .

creektrack

May 17, 2013
So if I turn on the ac or heater it works but it doesnt turn on at the sign of engine heat...I can hardwire the fan and it works on hi and low....ive replaced the first coolant temp sensor as well as the pigtail for it....

If I unplug the first sensor on the crossover tube the fan turns on and when I plug it back in it turns off...if I unplug the 2nd sensor the temp gauge goes to 0 and the fan does nothing? So is it a relay or the ccrm? Im kinda stumped here, I know where the ccrm is located, but no idea where a relay is located. ...

Any help is appreciated....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

• Sponsors (?)

The high and low speed fan relay is in the CCRM. It has relays that control the fuel pump and AC compressor clutch also. The only other thing to look at would be the fuse for the fan.

It may take a while fo the fan to turn on...are you having overheating issues?

Fuse is good, im guessing the relays are the issue, I can turn on the ac or heater and the fan will run, it just wont run once the motor gets up to temp...

It is getting hot to the point where it affects the way it drives, as in taking off in 1st and 2nd it sputters a tad until about 2k rpm, but it hasnt gotten fully into the A on normal...apparently the cooling system works pretty decently without the fans, but when I do notice it getting hot I will kick on the heater...

If you are calling the A in NORMAL hot.....then most of us are screwed. If it is between the white lines of NORMAL, it is good. It is hot if it reaches the red line. Are you thinking it is hot because it is further than half way?

Now, mine got hot because the fan went out, and it didnt take long for it to overheat. If you can drive in town, and it not overheat....as in blowing steam out, then it is NOT overheating. The stuttering would not be a symptom of overheating. That could be 100 different things, with most ruled out by simple troubleshooting.

So its normal for it to go between the R and the A? Im used to my vehicles staying in one spot....

And with the sputtering, it only happens once it gets a lil warm, air filter is brand new, oil changed yesterday....

Mine stayed about that hot in the summer. Try this...when the car off and cool see if you can spin the fan freely. If it requires some effort it could be the bearings are going bad. When my fan finally seized I replaced it with a new one that had a better design. The car ran MUCH cooler.

Fan is great....in fact, it finally kicked on in low speed while idling once it got to the a in normal....just seems a bit hot to me....

And I changed the fuel filter but havent driven it to see if that solved the stutter...

I'll be more specific...I had the same issue as you did. The car just ran hotter than I thought it should but I didn't know what to do to fix. Once it went bad I replaced it with one that had a better design. To my surprise the car ran much cooler. The new fans were redesigned and pull more air through the radiator thus the car runs cooler.

Although to me, the car seems to run hot, the fan does work...and with the stuttering issue...o2 sensor was messed up and the retard that did the "tune up" crossed two plug wires...