Ran the stang this weekend can someone translate into 1/4 mile?

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
Like it says, I had a blast.
Just got the thing back and raced it to the end
-Tracks Closed For The Winter:(
I ran [email protected] can someone please tell me what this would be if it were a true 1/4 mile. The tracks temp at the end was like 40 degrees so the New England Dragway decided to only run 1/8 mile.

Oh and it was my first time running since 2 yrs ago. I used to run 1.9 60ft's but that was with the t5. My t56 is a bit different off the line. The engine kept bogging and my 60's were like 2.1seconds. pretty crappy for me even though I was on my street tires. My best time proir to this was [email protected] on street tires of course.
(I cant afford to break anything with slicks just yet)

-Fawcett

• Sponsors (?)

eww, i guess my 60ft needs serious improvement. right before i granaded my t5 i had 1.9 60ft times but i was also ran a best of [email protected] and that was also on street tires. seems as if something isnt right. i did think that my clutch wasnt grabbing the whole way and my engine would bog really bad off the line.

how much of a difference do you guys think it would make if my timing was set to 13-14 degrees rather than the 10 it was set at?

now im all bummed out, guess the driver needs some more seat time.
-fawcett

That was a bummer this weekend Fawcett at NED, but keep in mind it was snowing on Saturday. They were thinking of opening the track up to the full 1/4 on Sunday, but by the time it warmed up enough, everyone running their Gambler's Race had already dialed in on the 1/8th, so it wouldn't have been fair to those guys to then change to the 1/4.

Beautiful day to practice your 60 ft. though on Sunday! I watched for a few hours before I couldn't take the fact I didn't have my car with me to make some passes! lol

fawcett said:
eww, i guess my 60ft needs serious improvement. right before i granaded my t5 i had 1.9 60ft times but i was also ran a best of [email protected] and that was also on street tires. seems as if something isnt right. i did think that my clutch wasnt grabbing the whole way and my engine would bog really bad off the line.

how much of a difference do you guys think it would make if my timing was set to 13-14 degrees rather than the 10 it was set at?

now im all bummed out, guess the driver needs some more seat time.
-fawcett

timing hurt you... other than the 1st, the gearing is better

and not to mention the added weight of the t56