Random Mustang II Pictures

The rare and elusive Art Carr, Mustang II, small bell housing, C4 , 50 oz, imbalance Flex Plate.

IMG_2099.JPG

IMG_2100 2.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I keep telling you guys :rolleyes:

Somebody in this damned forum needs an 871 blower over a built smallblock in a Mustang II. 302, 351, whatever it takes. :shrug:
I love a nice blower sticking out of the hood but three stacked on top of each other AND twin turbos is just stupid IMO.
I would bet the thing either doesn't run or runs like crap.

Yeah, you can't help but wonder if it ACTUALLY runs well. I also kinda wonder if they all add such a small amount of boost individually that they really don't add much more than just having a single source OR if some of the internals are just flat out missing. That all being said, it's definitely just for show - I mean will you look at the size of the rear tires?! :lol: It's like all they thought of was adding bling - if they were gonna go all out wouldn't you think you'd pro-street it? :shrug:

On another note - I keep thinking I'd like to add a supercharger, but it would be centrifugal to keep it under the hood. I kinda like the cleaner lines vs having something obstruct my view of the road. Side note on THAT..... that's another reason I'm going with the FI setup that I got for my car - it's supposed to be boost capable. :rock:

And here's the story.... it only produces about 7 pounds of boost and he plans on back-halving it.....

This also talks about the weight.
“I built it for show and it makes 6-7 psi of boost,” Everette says. It might just be enough to compensate for the 280-plus physical pounds of boost-makers sitting atop the Mustang II front suspension.

Reactions: 1 users
Credit: Origo.hu

Szerencsétlen időben, 1974-ben lépett porondra a Mustang II., mégis hangos siker lett. Banálisabb formája és kisebb teljesítménye miatt veteránként kevésbé népszerű, mint legendás elődje, de épp ezért kedvezőbb áron adják, ráadásul ügyesebben is mozog. Kipróbáltunk egy ’77-es, veteránminősítésű példányt.

20160219ford-mustang-ii-retro6.jpg 20160219ford-mustang-ii-retro7.jpg

20160219ford-mustang-ii-retro2.jpg 20160219ford-mustang-ii-retro9.jpg 20160219ford-mustang-ii-retro4.jpg

20160219ford-mustang-ii-retro5.jpg

Szerencsétlen időben, 1974-ben lépett porondra a Mustang II., mégis hangos siker lett. Banálisabb formája és kisebb teljesítménye miatt veteránként kevésbé népszerű, mint legendás elődje, de épp ezért kedvezőbb áron adják, ráadásul ügyesebben is mozog. Kipróbáltunk egy ’77-es, veteránminősítésű példányt.
Well that's useful. :rolleyes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwnksI2ZoJI

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hungarian..... :rlaugh:

1706980651516.png

The Mustang II appeared on the stage in 1974 at an unfortunate time, but it was a resounding success. Due to its more banal shape and lower performance, it is less popular as a veteran than its legendary predecessor, but that is why it is sold at a more favorable price, and it also moves more skillfully. We tested a ’77 vintage-certified example.

I think that the unfortunate truth is that any 70s car you find that's not in the southern states will be a rust bucket. :notnice:

So then it all boils down to how badly you want it and how much effort or money you want to spend. At the very least, they're a good platform to learn different things on. They're not so complicated you can't tear them apart and put them back together, it's just a question of parts availability and your skill and/or comfort level - parts probably being the most limiting factor.

I have a few fabricated parts in my car because there was just no option at the time, but the aftermarket is finally starting to produce more parts. For example, when I tore my car down the gas tank was swiss cheese. There was no aftermarket tank available so I made a Fox tank work. Or when I swapped in a T5 for the original glass 4 speed, there was no crossmember or swap kit anywhere - not that I pioneered the swap, but the people that did readily shared their experiences.

That all being said, there are other cars that are far easier to work on and have more support (cough Fox Mustangs cough cough....), but these definitely stand out. :D