Rate this suspension kit for me...

NicD

Mar 4, 2004
KYB Gas Struts and Shocks
BBK specific rate*1.5 lowering springs
BBK polyurethane front bushings package(includes sway bar,strut mount end link bushings,and BBK2508 offset rack bushings)
Cost: $425.99

Please rate the quality/cost for me. These parts would all be replacing original parts on my '90GT with a sagging rear end...

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Where are you getting that package? I've got a thread going right now looking for something like that. I could care less about the ride quality as long as it sticks to the road for the price.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
Where are you getting that package?

I'm getting the package from Brothers Performance Warehouse in Corona, CA. They're pretty quick with the shipping if you order by phone or internet. (www.brothersperformance.com)

They do offer similar kits with the Koni shocks and struts, and all are available with specific or progressive rate springs.

I know they're more expensive, but how much of a difference, ride wise and performance wise, would the Koni's make vs. the KYB's?

Ok someone school me the difference between the '87 and pre '87 suspension, and why nobody ever includes the pre '87s in their packages?

Also, what's the difference between progressive and specific rate springs? Of all things i know, i know jack about suspension parts, only that they're really important for traction and handling.

i believe progressive springs have variable spring pressures depending on what the car is doing and tend to lower the car more than specific rate springs. i would get specific springs because they are specifically rated for pressure and seem to be better for handling without bottoming the car out too much.

progressive rate springs get firmer the more they are compressed. specific rates are just that, one specific rate, all the way down. progressives are much better in my humble opinion, they ride much nicer. handling won't be any different on the street.
i have the kyb shocks and struts on my car and i like them very much. i would also HIGHLY recommend a set of caster/camber plates, balljoints and a bumpsteer kit.

i've noticed a difference of progressive vs specific, specific rate springs on my car seem to handle better against similary equipped progressive setups. the difference of 1.5 inches vs a 2 inch drop makes a difference too all around.